Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to el tarter in march?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not been to Andorra since 2001, can hardly remember it.......enjoyed the nightlife of pas a tad too much!

Now times have changed! Skiing with husband and 4 year old.

Looking to book neilson for march 2018.

Has anyone been to their club hotel?

What's it like?

How was the childcare?

How do the piste hold up late on in season?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've done Pas in late March and it was good spring skiing. Very slushy if you were in the sun, but damn good till it got too warm in the (very sunny that year) afternoons.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did the same trip in 2015 - Mar-15/22 - minus the 4yr old and husband NehNeh

The deClos Hotel was superb. Bar really good value with Beer and G&T. The quiet bar area good for chilling out and for kids to play games. Food in restaurant very good. I was (well Wink )informed that this hotel was the only one actually owned by Neilson and therefore, was run to higher standard than their other offerings but could have equally been because of the people staying at the hotel who told me this Wink (this may have changed since then)

Did not use the childcare but the girls looking after the "kids" were very friendly and using this as experience in their chosen profession - take that how you like, probably not the same girls will be there . . . but the creche was just near the restaurant and looked ok.

I was lucky with the weather, it was hot the 2 weeks before and words like "swimming pool" and "wet snow" were being used on the transfer up. That said, the temp went chilly for the first 3-4 days of the trip and keep what they had in good shape plus a mini-dump towards the end then with a day of getting back to tropical temps. Pistes will hold up well if the temps are low, with high temps then they get slushy quickly - a bit like the EoSB in VT really.

I would go again and definitely plan to as the area is rather good (Grandvalira) but perhaps go little earlier to increase the optimal weather probability but then the better weather could be later....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I want to do it again now the kids are bit older and up to the long transfer. I didn't much like Pas, but I want to see the other villages and I think the areas are much better linked now than when I went.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for reply......the weather is a gamble anywhere you go......who would have predicted such poor snowfall this season in January in France?

Now they have loads of the stuff.

We are very much tied to school holidays.

2018 Easter is early and Liverpool
Schools break up a week earlier than rest of country!

Year after I am going to be a bad parent and take her out of school! wink

We are also limited as to ski area with childcare.

Esprit are pricey for a dump of a hotel, that's why we looked at el tarter.

Esprit childcare is amazing! Went with them this season to la plagne( bad experience.) and st anton (great experience.)

Would go back to st anton in a heartbeat but have been warned it would be crazy busy at Easter.

If anyone has other ski holiday suggestions with childcare I am open to advice!

Don't want chalet.
None of your big French resorts.
Have tried: club med, esprit, mark warner and crystal.

Cheers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1

Stayed at Hotel Des Clos first week of April 2015.

Top to bottom coverage, all links open.

Hotel and staff were great.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi. We have a place in Andorra, not Grandvalira but know it reasonably well.

Personally I would stay in Soldeu (just up the road from El Tarter)' at one of the Sport hotels if travelling with a young child as everything is exceptionally easy. Ski hire, storage and gondalas all in the same complex, everything connected by lifts, etc. The hotels are great too (have stayed in two of them) and there is a lovely spa.

http://www.sporthotelsandorra.co.uk/

Snow should be fine in March.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went last week of March a few years back. Loads of fresh snow while were there. Good variety of slopes. The village was dead quiet though as a lot of places had shut up for the season bizarrely early.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grand Vallira gets the best snow of the season in March.

I have had waist deep powder on every March visit and sometimes it has snowed so much the lifties cannot get to work.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers!

Going to book.

Thanks for advice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy