Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solos (or similar) ski holidays - anyone ever tried?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
www.solosholidays.co.uk/ski

A friend of mine went on a solos non-ski holiday a couple of years ago and didn't have much fun.
However, I expect skiing might lend itself more to the format, as activities are more focused and you're pretty much bound to enjoy yourself if you like skiing.
Anyone ever been on one of their trips, or a similar format by another company (e.g. Club Mark Warner)?
Thoughts appreciated.
Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try 'search'?

The topic has been covered extensively.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not talking about going skiing on your own - I know that's been talked about.
Specifically, holidays with Solos (or similar companies).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Neil Neige, I went with Solos to Andorra about 10 years ago. It was a good trip with people at different levels so we all had someone to ski with. The trip was well organised and we all had a good time as far as I can recall. The Solos leader was friendly and added to the overall experience. I enjoyed the trip and would go again if they weren't so expensive.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've not heard of Solos before - from their website they don't seem to be very organised e.g. the trip to Ellmau/Going:
- intro states 8 days, description says 7 nights accommodation, then later refers to 6 days of skiing. How exactly is it organised/how many days is it? If it's 8 days including travel days either end, then fair enough - but it should state that, or just say it's a 7 day/week long trip.
- very little detail on the accommodation, gallery not useful at all to see the facilities. I wouldn't book based on that.
- no mention at all of offpiste options, just a very basic description of piste types

It's also expensive - at those prices I'd expect lift passes included!

Anyway, lots of other companies offering similar things that have been posted on the forums before too - try search Smile

(I've done UCPA and bashes - bashes are definitely better! Other companies: http://www.theskigathering.com/ http://www.crystalski.co.uk/solo-ski-holidays/ http://www.skiworld.co.uk/single-travellers http://www.coldfusionchalets.co.uk/ http://www.singlesport.com/winter-holidays/ ...)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm going with the Ski Gathering in 2 weeks time............will report back Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Neil Neige I've done a number of ski holidays with Solos' although the last one was about 4 years ago. They have all been great. However interestingly even the tour leaders admit that the ski holidays have a different vibe to the rest of the brochure...

They are a tour operator and that is reflected in the way they operate and publicise their holidays. The target market is definitely piste skiers, normally with a smattering of complete beginners and early practicers in the mix, and normally a few experienced 'first to last' lift 'clock up the miles' types. I think their weeks appeal to those who prefer the 'safety' of booking through a tour operator with all the comfort and amenities that provides, including a tour leader who will help sort out hire kit, lessons, introductions and other activities such as sledging, snow shoe walks, dinner in town etc. (Tour leader being a rep rather than someone who guides or leads on snow). What everyone has in common is their enjoyment of skiing. Its a mix of people, some with partners (left at home) who don't ski, some who are single and most who fall into the 40+ age range at a guess. There is definitely repeat custom as I've seen the same people at different resorts on different holidays.

Yes it is pricey in comparison to some other options but that is because of the single rooms, the reasonable standard hotel you stay in, restaurant standard meals and so on -they don't do hostels or shared rooms and rarely do they advertise chalet based weeks.
As I've become more skiing and ski holiday savvy I've used them less - but wouldn't rule them out for the future.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or go on a bash - I've just done my first one, highly recommended!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I looked into going a few years ago. Decided the price didn't stack up. Went with UCPA. Never looked back.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Neil Neige, solos or singles? If you're just looking for mates to go skiing with then a Snowheads Bash can be pretty good. I went on my first one to Livigno last season, enjoyed it so much that I booked on to the EoSB as soon as I got back and am doing both trips again this year snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy