Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow quality at Milton Keynes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It might be some time since I went to Hemel, and the last time I skied was in the Alps,but I went to MK today and the snow wasn't really snow.

The snow was caster sugar. Granular. Extremely grippy. Tough to get much speedup on.

I don't recall Hemel being like this, but as I say it's been a while.

Anyone been to MK recently and experienced the same or disagrees with me?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It was like this when I went a few times over xmas hols and last October half term. In the summer they said they had chiller issues which I think are still ongoing. As I'm stuck with school hols I go first thing in the morning, it's decent for the first hour or so then goes sugary.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes @rossyl I know what you mean. I've been to MK a few times in the last couple of weeks but for indoors I think it's pretty good. Yes, there are patches of sugary stuff which I think is older snow. Out of the 3 fridges I've been too in the last 6 week (MK, Manchester, Hemel) I'd say it's the better one... just. I think every one of the fridges except Tamworth has the same challenge to some degree.

A couple of points/caveats;
fridges seem very sensitive to the volume of traffic - if it's a busy day then later on can be carnage so your mileage will vary
Manchester is significantly better now since they did the work to scrape off the old snow in February
I find it useful to consider fridges as training environments not a replacement for real snow

Having been at Tamworth and Castleford I wish the others piste bashed the hill during the day, would make a big difference.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spent a week on a course at MK summer before last and didn't like the snow as much as at Hemel, but I don't remember it being horrendous.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After an hour or so it is pretty poor. I've been advised to make sure you wax your skis after a session as the snow is pretty abrasive at MK.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think I've read somewhere that wax from skis can build up in the snow and reduce its sliding qualities. not sure if that is true or just a myth ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hammerite wrote:
After an hour or so it is pretty poor. I've been advised to make sure you wax your skis after a session as the snow is pretty abrasive at MK.
Waxing before sure helps, did with mine before going to Hemel a couple of weeks back, felt much better, although after 3 hours there didn't seem to be any left.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy