Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School and Hire in La Plagne Soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

The girlfriend and I booked our caterer chalet in La Plagne Soleil last night and we're looking for any recommendations for ski school for her, and hire for both of us. I'm always dubious of booking these through the tour operator as I'm sure they add on margin. This will be my first time in La Plange so if anyone has any advise they can offer that would be great.

Thanks for reading,

Tom
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We booked our kids into Oxygene last year. I can't comment on their adult lessons, but the kids loved it.
They have a large shop where they do ski hire too
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Oxygene, they are your best bet - easy to get too and great instructors. Prices won't change much but you may get the lower out of season price depending on when you're planning to go. In truth the school just saves the huge commission to the TO so they are better off.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used El Pro in Plagne Centre in January; both for group lessons and private lessons. If you choose El Pro, and get the opportunity, ask for Nico - really nice chap and a great instructor - (he also wore a very visible hat which was a very useful spotting aid!).

Access to ski school from Soleil is very easy, ski down the blue from Soleil and take the Boulevard chair. This will see you across to the meeting point (Oxygene is nearer Croq de Neige and El Pro is outside the Grand Rochette lift but they all seem to be in the same area). Alternatively, El Pro do lay on a shuttle bus for the first part of the week if you're not confident skiing down to the meeting point - you meet around Monica's and they drop you "near" the meeting point.. It's honestly easier to ski there.

On your chalet host night off I can recommend La Refuge in Plagne Centre - in the corner of the car park near the bus stop. Really very good food indeed.

Have a great trip Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated - we'll look into both of those ski schools.

Am I right in thinking that all ski school meeting points are in La Plagne Centre? Is that the same with ski hire? If so, how easy is it to get the skis etc back to the chalet boot room in Soleil on arrival day? I assume there is probably a bus?

Also with regard to booking ski school for my girlfriend, is it book online and meet on Sunday, or do you arrange ski school on arrival day similar to ski hire? I've never booked lessons before, so sorry for all the questions.

Thanks,

Tom
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Tom,

With regards to the meeting point; where the lesson leaves from and arrives back to, yes they are all in Plagne Centre - certainly Oxygene and ElPro are both there.

I can only talk from our experience - but ElPro had a shuttle bus which did pickups from Soleil. We used this once - but in all honesty by the time you'd got down the stairs at Soleil and walked from where the bus dropped you (in the car park under the Boulevards lift) you may as well ski to the meeting point, unless you're a total beginner then the shuttle may be an option - but check with them that it is running.

We rented our kit from Pierre Le Roux in Plagne Village - very helpful - but I'm sure there are hire places in Soleil (Skiset?) - then it's just a walk back to the chalet; much easier than hauling it all back from Centre - but if you have already booked your kit hire from Plagne Centre - then yes, there is a bus.

If you've not booked ski hire already, it is probably worth doing so before you go (or it did when we went and their prices did rise closer to departure online). We were on the Eurostar so by the time we arrived in resort thehire shop as closed and Sunday morning was busy so it took some time to get organised (busy shop) and we missed the start of the lessons - so if you do get the chance then go on Saturday!!

As for booking lessons - we "booked" on ElPro's site - then they email you back to say if they have space and give you a link for payment - you pay your money and turn up on Sunday morning!

hope that helps!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the reply Jaffakks, just over 2 weeks to go.....

Sorted out lessons, now on to Ski Hire - there are both Skiset and Intersport ski hire shops in La Plange Soleil.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendation of either of these?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy