Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who else not skiing due to injury ?

Poster: A snowHead
As i broke my leg in champoluc in january im out for the season..had to cancel remaining trips as well...sooo..to make me feel good is there anyone else out there in my " club" lol ... i hate being alone...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I am not skiing today due to a rainly day... but I know a few friends who have had various injuries and have not been able to ski Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If a planned C section in the family is injury enough then thats my reason.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just coming up for 5 years due to a hip, but getting a new one next week. bring it on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Frosty the Snowman, Good luck fella Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Can't complain because I've been away twice this year though one of the times was pretty limited, not going again because I want to get my knee sorted which is giving me a bit of gyp.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My OH's injury in Feb means we are both skipping our planned trip to Austria in two weeks Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@yorkshirelad, this season I am skiing, but I only had a week's skiing last year and had to miss the rest of the season through a knee injury Sad

So, you are not a lawn! Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@yorkshirelad, tough luck. I managed to dislocate my shoulder right at the end of the season in 2015, so I've only missed a couple of days due to injury.

@Frosty the Snowman, all the best with that.

Here's to the 2017/2018 season!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ACL and wallet injury due to house move/decorate/new lights/etc prevent any skiing this season.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Me out till the autumn at the earliest, broke my ankle (quick and easy fix, now titanium reinforced, good as new by Easter) and snapped the tendon holding my quads to my knee (much slower to recover than broken bones) in a silly little slip on some steps in the London Underground 4 weeks ago.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@davkt, aarrggh, this normal life business is dangerous!

I'm (fairly belatedly) an habitual helmet wearer for skiing and cycling, but I always seem to end up whacking my head at home, in the kitchen or garage!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@laundryman, Yup, there is a thread about this particular knee injury over on Epicski that runs to over 350 pages of posts and hundreds of cases, virtually every one of them a case of every life causing it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fractured my pelvis in Livigno, no skiing the week of the birthday bash (just had to sit in hotel and watch it snow) and had to cancel a week in Chamonix and a week in Gressoney (on the GnaBuG)

So you are not alone

Although I expect to be at the end of season, doctor said yesterday he doesn't see a problem Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My son arrived in Italy Saturday and injured his knee yesterday afternoon, that's his holiday over.
ski holidays
Sorry to hear the injuries, hope they recover quickly .... but its nice to know im not alone.. two more weeks before i can think about weight bearing... but it could be worse i keep being told...
snow conditions
I missed 5 years due to back issues....so my sympathy goes to anyone losing out.

Now back skiing after surgery....and cherish every holiday twice as much.
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, best wishes for a successful operation and recovery; it would be great to see you back on the slopes again.
snow report
Good thread - chin up to all concerned and GWS
snow report
Best of luck Frosty.

My wife got hit by a car just before Christmas. Broke her tibula and smashed up her ankle. Got out of the James Cook hospital on Christmas evening. Had to cancel our trip to Italy which we were both looking forward too, particularly because we'd added a few days in Venice. Pursuing the insurance claim......slowly.

My Christmas present to her? A set of cross country skis Sad
Hoping she will be fit to ski next year. Puzzled
snow conditions
yorkshirelad wrote:
Sorry to hear the injuries, hope they recover quickly .... but its nice to know im not alone.. two more weeks before i can think about weight bearing... but it could be worse i keep being told...

4 to 6 weeks for me before any weight bearing (assuming everything is still where it should be in the X rays Friday) and then the hard bit on the knee rehab starts!
ski holidays
Am back to full skiing after an ACL repair, but husband has had an operation to repair a rotator cuff tear. He has not offered to have a non skiing holiday as l did😡
ski holidays
I broke my shoulder skiing at new year. We are out in the mountains in 4 weeks time, but whether I will be able to ski remains to be seen... I suspect that I won't be back on skis until October (Landgraaf trip).

The rest of the family have gone skiing for half term and I'm staying at home, looking after the cats.
ski holidays
@Peter S, Sorry to hear that, hope she recovers well.
snow report
@Frosty the Snowman, Should be a new lease of life. Hope to see you on a Bash soon. 😀
snow conditions
@Peter S, Sad Sad
ski holidays
Quote:

I broke my shoulder skiing at new year. We are out in the mountains in 4 weeks time, but whether I will be able to ski remains to be seen... I suspect that I won't be back on skis until October (Landgraaf trip).

I broke my shoulder in mid-Jan, I have my first physio next week. I am already booked for mid-April and keeping my fingers crossed, so might be inspired by your progress - fingers crossed for both of us, Any exercise tips would be appreciated.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Just coming up for 5 years due to a hip, but getting a new one next week. bring it on.

5 years Sad Sad Didn't realise that it had been so long for you!!
Hope the new hip op goes well and gets you back out there.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not been on the planks for over a year now due to eye problems. But hopefully come April May will start back for the second time. Fitness again is non existent and a few months before the eye issue started I had just bought some new boots.

Not even been on here much as it is still hard to focus.

Hope everyone posting here is able to get back skiing soon.
snow report
Not injured but 33 weeks pregnant. Already planning 2018 to compensate!
latest report
Until the immediately preceding post I was thinking what a sad thread this was.
snow report
Last March: grade 3 (complete) ruptures of MCL & MPFL with detached bone fragments, cracked tibial plateau, meniscal tear, haematoma. The MRI report read even worse than the survey I had done on my house before we bought it...!

It was August before I could walk up stairs. September before I could turn the pedals on a bike even one rotation. November before I dared a gentle jog/shuffle.

This Jan I was skiing again. Taking it easy and wearing a brace (I think unnecessarily). No issues, so I'm off to Selva Val Gardena again at the end of March.

All of you injured posters need to hang in there and stay positive. Recovery from even extensive injuries is possible if you do everything you're told. I was obsessive - and I mean obsessive - about icing/rest/physio. At 49 years old I thought my skiing days were over. So happy this isn't the case!
ski holidays
@IanTr, wow!
latest report
@IanTr,

Glad to hear you are on the mend Smile
snow report
An operation 18 months ago left me with nerve damage and balance problems, so my tennis and ski-ing days are now over. I have had some wonderful ski experiences and made some very good friends along the way, but now have a mountain sized gap in my life! Confused Mad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
My route back into skiing after broken fibula and severe ligament damage was blades followed by short skis followed by long skis. Took years. Traumatic and brilliant times en route. But always always in the mountains. 😊
To Katia: are snowshoes and trekking poles an option?
latest report
@Katia, adaptive skiing with outriggers? Sit ski?
ski holidays
I went down with ME/CFS last year ---- literally the last thing I did was to wax our skis prior to a trip to La Grave which we then did not take. Missed a BASI course I'd been trying to get on for several years Sad Hoping to get away at Easter and see what we can do Happy.
snow conditions
@Katia. Wife is slowly transfering from skiing to snow shoeing as she loves been in the alps...
latest report
Patch managed one ski in November when VT opened before snapping his Achilles Tendon playing rugby. He's now onto the physio phase and can get his ski boots on and is riding the lifts to get a coffee from time to time . rolling eyes he's delighted the season has been so bad Laughing
My Christmas present to him...
... new Whitedots, goggles and generally ski related stuff.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy