Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Too early to book next year?? Where??

Poster: A snowHead
Well we got back yesterday from a fab week in the Grand Massif (Morillon 1100). Im ready to start looking for next years holiday now.

Unfortunately we are restricted to school holidays so after awful conditions over our new year holiday 20015/16, this year we did half term where the conditions were sooooo much better. It looks like next year Wales (thats us!) is the week after England again which is good but it seems we may clash with Paris. Is this REALLY bad?? Would we be better off avoiding France?

We like to drive so this obviously restricts us a bit. Our 13 hour drive home yesterday was great but we wouldnt want to push it much more than that.

Any advice or suggestions on resorts that i could have a look at would be great. We very much like ski in/ski out, self catering places.

Thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I liked Arc 1950 (Radisson), which I went to over Christmas with the family and self catered. The resort was developed by Intrawest (created Whistler) and so is based on the North American model (much more space). It is ski in/ski out, with everything very handy. It does come at a premium though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@breeze11, Easter is early next year so that may be a better choice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I met family friends for a few days last year. La Plagne, UK and French school holidays.

Utter nightmare on the slopes and lift queues, was pretty gutted as we're looking at school holiday time from next year!

If you can, avoid the date or at least the popular family resorts. What age/levels are your crew at? (Unfortunately it'll be a few years before my boy can handle La Grave!).

Interested to see the options.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, we are pondering next year too, can only go Feb half term 10-17 Feb as middle child has A levels and doesnt want to go at Easter.
Not sure if brave enough to face the French crowds/costs?
Any thoughts welcome
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm wondering if Switzerland might be better? But I've never been there so have no clue. X
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@warbis66, La Thuile, Italy.................however take some warm clothes as when its windy its freezing............
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@zorrac thanks, will take a look
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Avoid France and look at Italy.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@breeze11,
A lot of people say Austria is not much further to drive, I have only flown but have found it not bad in Feb, providing you avoid Fasching.
Ski in ski out is possible if you look at the accommodation maps and book early.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No idea about the drive sorry, but we've just done our second Feb half term in Andorra (El Tarter).

Lovely wide pistes at upper levels, and relatively quiet - quite often we were the only ones for long stretches. It was bliss.

Didn't queue more than a few minutes for any lifts, we were straight on for the most part. I think it gets a bad rep for not being too challenging, but that doesn't bother me (wimp).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jeff the squirrel was that 11-18 feb or the week after. I am getting stressed about half terms and France but really dont want to go back to Norway and want to stay in the French Alps.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Week after, first day was 19th.

If you're set on France fair dos, but I was comparing photos/vids/stories with friends who were in Alps at same time, and they can't believe the difference. Fairly sure we had hours more skiing, and a lot less stressful at that.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mmm
Thought that would be the case
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Champoluc (Italy, Monterosa system) might work. Nothing like as busy as France. Extensive, great for intermediates. About 1 1/2 hours further than Morillon.

Better and better value food and drinkies than France too.
snow report
...and at risk of now sounding like I'm from the Andorran tourist board...booze is cheaper as it's not in EU.

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
We've just got back from a great week over the English half term in Kitzbuhel. The drive out there was fine, with little traffic to affect our progress (although we stopped overnight on the way out and home as we had a long drive in the UK as well). It is a longer drive than France, but the quick German autobahns make it seem pretty similar. Kitzbuhel had fantastic weather and very few crowds. Even during the middle of the day I don't recall ever queueing for more than a couple of minutes for a lift. Only one piste we went on all week felt really busy as it approached a bottleneck. We had a mixed ability family group of 11 and we all found something to enjoy. Add on the famous Austrian apres-ski and after many years of French ski holidays I think I'm now a convert to the Austrian way of doing things! We stopped in the smaller town of Kirchberg, just outside Kitzbuhel in a nice self-catering chalet right on the edge of a piste.

And the food and drink is cheaper than France!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy