Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif vs 3 valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all

Just booked some flights to Geneva for 18-25march and I think we will be going down the route of an independent chalet again. There's 3 of (boarding) and so far most of the places have waived the dreaded single person supplement. We've narrowed it down to 2 catered chalets- one in Morillon (Grand Massif) and one in La Tania (3V). I know the 3V really well but never stayed in La Tania but wonder if anyone has been to both resorts and any feedback. We are in our 40's, like a beer but not fussed about nightlife- just a decent pub would be fine!

My main concern is the Grand Massif is not a high resort and whilst the snow is good now a little bit warmer and it will be very different!

Any other suggestions of course would be appreciated.

Cheers
Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well we always go to La Tania as it's cheaper and it's handy as lift up is decent.
There's an English pub so that meets your criteria, plus it's got a good atmosphere and usually not too busy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Morillon doesn't have a lot of life to it so probably 3V.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It depends where in Morillon the chalet is, I'm a big fan of the GM and even lived in Morillon for a couple of years, equally I know La Tania pretty well too.

I think for a "lads week" (ignore age limit for lads) I think I'd go for La Tania.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whoops! Apologies I have been told off! It is actually Samoens (Chalet Brio) and I've heard that Samoens is meant to be a really nice town. Am going with my brother and his wife so definitely not a lads week. That will be the end of the season Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samoens is a lovely town has some nice places to eat and some good bars.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samoens a nice place but the gondola is not in town. La Tania has better lift up, a good English pub if you like that kind of thing and I feel based on skiing both areas the 3v is the better option
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah my bad, 3 people no single supplement so i assumed 3 blokes.

Samoens is a lovely town with a few good restaurants/bars, the downside is access in to the ski domain.... You'd need to get to the cable car and the up to the mid station and then put from there...

If the la tania chalet is catered chalet then i think i'd go there.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chalet Brio is top notch.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd also choose La Tania. If you're looking for independent chalet operator there and haven't already found Snow Retreat I would highly recommend them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy