Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US-based Brit seeks Utah advice for March '21 trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not been skiing in Utah for 10 years. So need some info. please.
Flying into SLC. Looking for somewhere cheap to stay (i.e. not Park City).
And advice for where to ski for two full days in late March.
I know, I know, getting a little late - but hazard a guess please on where will have the shortest lines (probably) and OK snow.

I think I will have family with me - so needs to be ok for intermediates please.
Happy to drive etc.

I liked Pow Mtn before and Snowbasin, but was driving there from PC.
How is Ogden? Anyone stayed there recently please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For 2 days you could grab a cheap motel near Brighton and Solitude or perhaps the Silver fork lodge. Not stayed there myself but the resorts are brilliant and I think you can still get round to park city but probably not worth the journey for a short jolly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Given your criteria, go back to Snowbasin. Less crowded there, although by late March the crowds begin to shrink everywhere. Ogden is known for....absolutely nothing. But there will be plenty of affordable lodging there. Brighton/Solitude also work but will have more people because they are the obvious, convenient budget choice. Sounds like your dates are in flux, and if so keep in mind that compared to everywhere else, Sundays are not as busy around SLC because a noticeable fraction of locals is in church. Also, with family intermediates in tow, I recommend you go to the same area both days. On day two everyone's fuse is shorter, and knowing where to park, get stuff etc helps the day go better. If the day two viz sucks, at least you learned your way around a little bit the day before. FWIW I will be in Utah then, and my hotel room near the mouth of Big Cottonwood Cyn is $103/night. That positions me to go anywhere.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve stayed in Ogden recently. Preferred it way more than slc. Plenty of cheap places to stay and the main strip had some cool bars and places to eat
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Ogden and Powder Mountain and Snowbasin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike Pow wrote:
+1 for Ogden and Powder Mountain and Snowbasin

This for only two days - much more low key, and terrain suited to you all.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was skiing Utah over Christmas.

SLC is probably your best bet. Loads of choices and are much cheaper than in the mountain. About an hour drive to Snowbasin.

I skied in Snowbasin and Park City. Snowbasin has a huge line going up the mountain with the Needles Gondola. Lines in PC were okay.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many thanks to you all for the advice/thoughts/beta - much appreciated.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Am I missing something?
Alta/Snowbird for the best combination of lift served terrain and snow quality (particularly at the end of March) on the continent. And despite the reputation there are acres and acres of great intermediate terrain at both.
Stay at Sandy or Midvale at one of the many cheap motels.

PS - If it’s snowing (about one in six chance of getting a powder day) and it’s a weekend leave your lodging at 6am to avoid the traffic. Have a coffee while you wait for the lifts to start.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I learned to ski at Snowbasin....a long, long, long time ago. Ogden has changed a lot since then! Might be easier to get lift tix at SB and Pow Mow over the PC and LCC resorts.

I don't think there should be any concerns about the conditions when you get there in March, where ever you decide to go. Other than you might get interlodged if you decide to stay at Alta or Snowbird. Or, you might not be able to get up 210. It's winter. Expect the unexpected!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy