Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer Progressor 9+ progressing to Atomic x9

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I own a Fischer Progressor 9+ and im fairly happy with it. I had my first skiing season ever with it last year and got hooked up on the sport. People say that i got the grips of it pretty fast and i am looking to improve by skiing a lot this season.
It would be on piste carving skiing mainly. Would you suggest me Atomic x9 as my next ski?
I heard that atomic skis can be a bit hard to engage to a turn, does that even make sense? This progressor is a racing ski from my understanding and i can imagine x9 beeing only a bigger joy to ride considering its a 10 year + newer higher end ski. I ride in mostly in upper and lower Austria.
Love the look of it and i like that its a dual radius as my old ski. Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nobody has some kind of a tip, suggestion?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Perun, welcome to SnowHeads.

Quote:

I own a Fischer Progressor 9+ and im fairly happy with it.

In that case, what are you looking for in a new (or different) ski? The Progressor 9+ is an old ski but piste ski tech has not necessarily advanced all that much in the past 10 years. You might not notice such a big difference. Its also possible that your current skis are shot, and a new ski might feel totally different.

If you're doing more than a week or two, why not use a day or two to test some skis? I imagine the Atomic Redster x9 would be easy enough to find as a demo ski, and you could test it back to back with your current skis and some others. Then you're not relying on Internet opinions. The other good option is to ask an instructor who has seen you skiing - they'll have a much better idea of whether something like the x9 is a good match for your current ability and aspirations.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for steering my thoughts! I gues you mean "short" instead od "shot"? I never did shots on piste, one beer at most. Very Happy
The current skis are 175 and would stay on the same size even though i had a feeling i could go a bit longer. I am 186cm.

A guy at a shop i go to said that i should change my skis since the technology has advanced so much and that i should change a 10 to 12 year old ski. I guess that they are in a fine state but 12 years did its thing on it. I wanted to offload them to a friend of my that would not need them so often and get myself something else, but i guess trying out different stuff would be the most beneficial. Talking with a teacher also brings in a new dimension for sure!
Even though the guy at the shop seems like he would really like to help(and earn some money), going out and buying a ski blindly on behalf on his reccomendation is a bit too risky for me, i like to inform myself a bit more and i actually enjoy the process.

My thinking goes that these two should be fairly simmilar skis and since this one is newer, it should be better for me to ride.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Perun,
Quote:

I gues you mean "short" instead od "shot"?

No, I meant shot as in worn out.

Quote:

i like to inform myself a bit more and i actually enjoy the process

In that case a day or two of testing skis would be right up your street. Also, if you've not had any lessons (or not recently) a session or two with an instructor would be a good investment. If you can be more specific about location, then I'm sure someone will be able to recommend one (not me though, I haven't skied in Austria).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That sounds as a good plan.

I ski with an Upper austrian season ticket where Hochkar/Ötcher in lower Austria is also included.
I ski on Hochkar mostly since its near to Vienna and some days in upper Austria ski resorts (Hinterstoder, Hochficht, Kasberg, Wurzealm) when im visiting there. Instructor suggestion would be appriciated. Thank you!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy