Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking ski carriage with easyjey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'd like to buy a fall line, or similar bag to do away with taking a suitcase, and my current ski bag (dakine ski sleeve) - it's awkward to try and perch the ski sleeve on my shoulder and pull my suitcase along with my backpack on too.

I'd be over easyjeys weight limit of 20Kg for the ski carriage, but looking online I can book a large sport option (canoe or bike - there's no generic option?) to get 32Kg of weight. This comes in at cheaper than a suitcase + ski carriage, and 32Kg of weight would be ample for me to take my skis, boots & the rest of my ski gear/clothes in a single bag. Obviously it's a bit unwieldy dragging a larger ski bag behind you in the airpots, but after struggling last time I think this would be an easier option.

Have any of you booked a "canoe" or bike in, but taken a ski bag? Just a bit concerned someone having not the best of days at the check in desk may scoff at me carrying my kit + clothes when it's not down as a pure ski carriage.

TLDR - can I book in a canoe via easyjets site to take skis+gear/clothes to save money vs suitcase + ski carriage.

Thanks! Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marksymoo wrote:

Have any of you booked a "canoe" or bike in, but taken a ski bag? Just a bit concerned someone having not the best of days at the check in desk may scoff at me carrying my kit + clothes when it's not down as a pure ski carriage.

TLDR - can I book in a canoe via easyjets site to take skis+gear/clothes to save money vs suitcase + ski carriage.

Thanks! Smile

I've never done it that way round, but in the days before they added a canoe option, I fairly regularly booked a windsurfer and took my kayak, without any issues.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm planning to use a tram bag (85l) with 2 sets of skis later this year, but fitting boots in to my daysack with one of these https://surfshoponline.de/ON-Sixtyniner-Bag-ski-snowboard-hiking-boots to keep it under 20kgs.
Now wishing I'd read the small print for bigger bags Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Found this on the EasyJet web site.

Quote:
Hold luggage

Each customer including children and infants can buy up to three hold bags. A standard hold bag is 23kg (for new bookings made from 15 November 2017)*. You can buy extra weight in 3kgs units, up to a maximum of 32kg per bag.

If you’re travelling with family or friends on the same flight and booking, you can pool your total weight allowance.

No single item can weigh more than 32kg. Maximum total size (length + width + height) = under 275cm.
We've got a range of bag options to suit every kind of trip:
Luggage 15kg
15kg bag
The smart choice for a short break.

Luggage 23kg
23kg standard bag
If you're going away for a little longer our standard bag is the perfect choice.

Luggage 32kg
Up to 32kg bag
For those who pack everything except the kitchen sink

So if I read it right I don’t need to book ski carriage. Has anyone tried it?snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Done to death here and no doubt on several other threads

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3326172&highlight=easyjet+ski#3326172

Unless something has changed but look not.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ster wrote:
Done to death here and no doubt on several other threads

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3326172&highlight=easyjet+ski#3326172

Unless something has changed but look not.

thanks - I did search, but missed your post in that thread. I'll get in touch with easyjet and post their response.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So, I finally got through on their online chat - you can't add it as canoe / bike as they're specifically for those items.. but post booking they can add a generic large sport item onto the booking. YMMV, but I'm going to call up when I book to make sure it's alright Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did you get a screenshot of that? I've previously just booked it as a hang glider Very Happy

Seems to me that, in the wake of the revised allowances, the only thing which could mean you should pay more for skis is the insurance element, which should be personal preference.

The problem is that many of the employees don't understand, hence why I had a lengthy discussion with one of the people that looks after the automated check in when I wasn't able to print a label for the separate boot bag (beware! The automated check in allows you to choose skis, or skis/boots. If you pick the former you only get one label. It's unknown why the check in system differentiates between the two, even though the booking system doesn't). Ultimately ended up paying £6 and taking the boots as additional hand luggage.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This may not apply for your situation but a few years ago on easy jet i took a bike in a bike box and put all my clothing etc in the bike box. Despite it being inside the weight limit they told me i could only have the sports item in the box and not other clothes and made me buy a separate bag. May have changed now.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Duck, I think they still have it squirreled away in the T&Cs...only one pair of skis too. My argument, should I need it, is that I won't be doing much skiing without the salopettes, jackets, helmet and various other skiing related kit that's in the bag i.e it is all essential. Then I just pack my clothes for the week and ski boots into my carry on luggage.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I pack all my gear except boots in a Dakine Fall Line double. Flew Ryan Air the first time out of Bristol, no probs and Easyjet out of Liverpool last time; again no probs. I was spot on the 20Kg limit; but it was clear my bag was "full" of clothes. I had thought of booking the extra large sports hold luggage, as you are suggesting; but decided against it.

I figure if I do ever find myself over the weight limit, I'll just pay the extra and be done with it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy