Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl ski pass and rental

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, heading to Ischgl on Saturday for a week. I need to rent skis and poles (I have boots) and purchase a lift pass.

Any recommendations on ski rental please?

Also I can see I can purchase a ski pass for Ischgl online but the guys travelling with me say to wait till we arrive as we want an area pass and the hotel will sort it out for us. Is this the recommended way or would it be cheaper to buy before we go?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bexman,
If you are traveling by car it used to be quite a bit cheaper to rent online in Kappl or possibly See and pick them up en route . Ischgl itself is pricey to rent .
Never used to be any cheaper getting the pass before hand I would let the hotel do it. Queues at the pass office can be quite long if you pitch up on a Sunday morning.
If you are wanting to ski the different areas Sunday is often one of the busier days and a good time to visit one of the other areas.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I normally just ask the hotel to get me the lift passe, and pick 'em up in the morning. Aviod the silvretta bahn first thing in the morning, the queues can be massive.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bexman, if you are resident in Ischgl or Mathon you get a guest card which means a cheaper lift pass. Not sure you would get the discount if you buy online beforehand.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
munich_irish wrote:
@bexman, if you are resident in Ischgl or Mathon you get a guest card which means a cheaper lift pass. Not sure you would get the discount if you buy online beforehand.

Yep , but I took the OP to mean a pass that included the Paznaun tal resorts which the cheaper pass does not cover. He needs to think what area he wants covered in an area pass. Whether it's just the Ischgl/Samnaun area or whether he wants to include Kappl, Galtur and See.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski Hire
1. If driving then as T Bar says cheaper to hire outside Ischgl - if you can be bothered with the extra hastle around picking them up and dropping them off, especially if you arrive late/have to leave early.
2. In town Intersport are very good but also tend to be the most expensive. Most of the rest are much the same price-wise so just pick the easiest to get to. The one exception is rather hidden Ski2Rent.com shop, which is handy if you're using the covered Parking Lounge or at the Hotel Madlein end of town. To get there from the Tourist Information shop follow the road heading out of town, a left/right wiggle to the left hand side of the covered car park exit and it's just down on the left, opposite the Eldorado hotel/restaurant.

Lift Passes
1. If your accomodation's actually in Ischgl or Mathon check in to your accomodation first and they will give you a check-in receipt that acts as proof you're 'local'. Take that to one of the pass offices and you can get the VIP pass, which comes in at E254.50 for 6 days vs. E298.50 for the full 6 day Silvretta pass. The VIP pass 'only' gives you access to the Ischgl/Samnaun ski area but unless you really need the flexibility to decide to hit multiple resorts in a single day you can still save with the 6 day VIP "Resort option pass" (used to be called Flexipass). This is a 6 day Ischgl/Samnaun pass with the option of spending upto 2 of those days in Galtur/Kappl/See. This comes in at E266.50 and the only catch is each resort you use the pass in on any day counts as a complete day on the pass, so do a day trip where you ski See in the morning and Kappl in the afternoon and 2 days, not 1 will come off the pass. All the resorts are big-enough to give a full days skiing though so not an issue to 99% of people.
2. Some hotels will get the passes for you but the fewer stars the more likely you'll have to take your 'local' receipt down to the pass office. There are a few of these and they stay open reasonably late on Saturday afternoons/evenings to make life easier. We usualy find the Fimbabahn office, next to the bubble bottom station the quietest.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy