Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Trip in April - help needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Everyone

I'm planning a ski trip for a week on the second week of April but I can't decide which resort I should go to

I'll be with 2 children ( 7 and 11 years old )

looking for a snow sure ski resort

thinking of Courchevel 1650 or La plagne or Obertauern or Lech in Austria

I would prefer a ski in ski out accommodation as it is easier for kids

according to the previous years snow record .. Do you think these ski resorts would work fine on that date ?

I think ski school would be cheaper in La Plagne or Austria than Courchevel

Your help is appreciated

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Courchevel 1650 isn't too bad late in the season as a lot of the slopes are north facing, but it is lower and so the "mush factor" is higher at the end of the ski day. Plus side-it's prettier and there are more options for skiing below the tree line. There are good native english speaking ski school options-for example New Generation. ESF would (I think) cost about the same in La Plagne or Courchevel 1650
Can't speak much for the other resorts-I've been to La P once years ago and most of the resort bases are high and would offer better ski in ski out options than Courch 1650. I'd be inclined to look at higher altitude if you can-so add into the mix Val Thorens and Tignes. Tignes also good for native english speaking ski schools.
I'm sure some Austria experts will be along shortly about your other suggestions.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From an Austrian Perspective, Lech and Obertauren are two of the most expensive options in the country. Wherever you go in mid-April you will encounter slush by mid-afternoon if the Sun's out but the snow base will hold well into Apr this year.

We will be based in Flachau that week and if the conditions lower down aren't great we'll head up to Bad Gastein or Zauchensee. Most of the Hochkonig is North facing so that's an option too and all on the same lift pass. Ski School is probably on a par with La Plagne price wise but check out the "family" deal with https://www.fischis-skischule.at/en/ which includes equipment hire. Oh and did I mention that kids ski free on a family pass after 16 Mar 19?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For fairly high, kid friendly and a ski school with a good reputation have a look at Serfaus / Fiss
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All those resorts will be fine.

Courchevel 1650 or La Plagne are the most convenient for ski-in-ski-out with youngins.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could look at Les Arc, we've just booked the Club Med in Peisey Vallandry with Iglu for the 1st week in April. From what I can gather it's ski in and ski out and very much catered for families. It's an all inclusive resort so the ski passes, lessons are included within the price as well as all of the food and drink. Conditions look good now and it looks like there will be snow over the next few days and in to the weekend so fingers crossed things will hold up.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GiveMe5ive,
Does this thread help?
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142376
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone .... your opinions and informations really helped .. :blush

Would love to hear also from Austrian’s ski resorts experts

Thanks Again
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@GiveMe5ive, not an Austria expert but we are going to Mayrhofen on 13th April this year.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GiveMe5ive, You could dip onto our facebook page @theredandwhiteskicompany for some Austrian flavour. Other pages are available but there's a reason we set up in Ski Amade.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heading to Tignes the second week of April. Loved it on our first visit 2 years ago in February, and heard last year and the year before had bumper Easters with lots of fresh snow.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A bunch of us are in Val Thorens for the Spring Family Bash in the third week of April (13-20). VT is pretty reliable in April.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A bunch of us are in Val Thorens for the Spring Family Bash in the third week of April (13-20). VT is pretty reliable in April.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Les Deux Alpes is pretty good. Hotel Aalborg is ski in ski out and is very kid friendly. Kids clubs are in house along with ski hire if you need it too. Nice and high 3600 metres but it may get slushy down below.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@GiveMe5ive, second week in April meaning w/c 6th April?

3V, Paradiski, Espace Killy all fine.

Doesn't matter too much were you stay - you can reach the higher altitude skiing easy enough.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy