Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend has a question:

Needs to wear spectacles under goggles - but then finds the goggles steam up - particularly when stops to wait for friends

He now wants to but a new pair of googles - any advice on type / make of goggles? - i.e less likely to fog

Thank you for any advice
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are goggles with anti-fog coatings, but in my experience that's seldom the answer. He he ends to work out why his current goggles are fogging.
Two thoughts:
1. Is he taking the goggles off a lot and getting too much moisture inside. People who take goggles off on lifts and push them up onto their helmet get this problem.
2. Lack of ventilation. You need good airflow through the goggles. Don't interfere with the vents at the bottom (wet scarves etc.) and be sure to leave enough of a gap at the top, between helmet/hat and goggles.

Once fogged, resist the temptation to wipe clean. It just makes matters worse unless you can do it properly. I.e. Not a wet ski glove!

There are some goggles that have a little fan and force air through, but that's probably overkill.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you - I'll email him your response!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't he wear contact lenses instead?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
look at something like the smith i/ox or oakley flightdeck
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tinwhistle, Smith do a over the glasses goggle with a tiny fan in the top, as @foxtrotzulu states, I have a mate who uses them and he finds them brilliant. They are these, bit expensive, search for Smith Goggles Knowledge Turbo Fan OTG AF Lens Goggles on amazon
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
as stated already, once you put the goggles on leave them on. as soon as you start playing with them you're in trouble.
interns of brands I've had oakley A-fames and crowbars and they've never fogged up. easily put over 100+ days on them as well.the quality of the lens are superb!
most googles with 'OG' written in the name will be compatible with glasses. it stands for over-glasses. they tend to had a bit of the foam padding cut out on the side for the arms and the lens tends to be further away from the face to allow more space. i find with the current direction most googles are heading on the market this is less of a problem. they seem to be getting bigger and bigger every year.
hope that helps
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy