Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring Grip Pads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

I bought a pair of Waymakers last year with a view to getting into some touring at some point. Looking at getting the grip pads now to fit a set of dynafit bindings i purchased second hand from someone on here. Basically looking for advice on what the difference is between the two products I've linked below, and whether or not the cheaper pads will do the trick?

https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/atomic-mnc-wtr-tlt-grip-pad/1332403/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=1790908&country=uk&gclid=CPTj0fvQ_dECFZIV0wodQF8FOw&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://shop.atomic.com/en-gb/products/mnc-touring-grip-pad-large-AE0000450.html

Any advice you guys can offer would be hugely appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/shop/ski-boot-spares/ski-boot-heels-and-toes/atomic-ski-boot-heels-and-toes/

The telephone is your friend. I would ring the shop that sold you them and ask them how much and what part number.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Turns out either would be suitable. Cheers for the heads up on the cheaper site!

I also found this chart which is pretty helpful:

http://www.salomoncertification.com/manuals3/EN_Boot_Binding_Compatibility_17.pdf
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@icantdance, you want the dearer rockered sole with the full sole coverage & not the WTR version with the smooth AFD section which are useless if you have to do any boot packing or rock scrambling. The full sole is also far better/easier for just walking around the resort.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@icantdance, I have had the Waymakers, for 4 years and the Touring Grip Pad is way better for grip and walking in. The WTR sole, is a heavily compromised option for touring, as it is primarily designed to fit alpine bindings rather than work effectively for touring.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've taken your advice and sprung for the Touring Grip Pad! I was just getting confused with the different ISO numbers between the boots and the bindings but i guess these must refer to specific configurations going of that chart i posted?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@icantdance, One other thing to know is that they are a very tight fit, so you might think they won't fit, or won't sit flat against the boot, but with patience (and a good quality screwdriver (no power tools)) they will fit perfectly.

The bolts come pre-coated with a thread locker to stop them coming undone.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy