Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are good skis for ski instructor training?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I'm a previous ski instructor CSIA level 2 certified and I'm looking for a used pair of piste skis. I already have a pair of wider all mountain skis. So I'm mainly looking for a pair of skis, where I can practice my technique for my carving skills, medium turns, short turns and so on. I would also like to use them for practicing basic race training, when that's possible. But they will mostly be used for carving, since I love carving!

What skis do you recommend? I have personally looked at the atomic redster model, which I have seen been highly recommended. But I'm wondering whether I should go with the G7 or G9 model.
My level is probably midway between CSIA level 2 and level 3.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One of my family who's an instructor swears by these (an earlier version) as the perfect instructor ski and lasted the season well. He loves them.

https://www.nordica.com/global/en/men/skis/on-piste/spitfire/dobermann-spitfire-70-pro-fdt

He said he did a couple of fun races and they were fine but they are not full on WC skis
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Skier457, Welcome to the forum.
You'll love Head Titans then.
Or Rossignol Heros
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or on the second hand market you could pick up some "Salomon 24 hours"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What kind of racing are you looking to do? SL, GS etc? In what environment (indoors / dry slope / mountain)?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or Atomic redster S9's
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Salomon 24 Hour Max. Just skied on a pair for a week. Good skis and carve well.
Less than half price here, so around £250 new with bindings,
https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/salomon-24-hours-max-z11-gw-alpine-skis/137579268/p
On the same site they have the same ski and a different binding even cheaper - I went with the one above because I wanted GripWalk compatibility.
Delivery took around a week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you for your replies!

@Tubaski I'm probably not going to do real racing that much. I just had 6 race training sessions with gates at the end of the season, and I thought it was so much fun. It was probably somewhere between SL and GS.
I'm a student now so I only have time for skiing on trips and vacations. So it would only be in case I found a race course at the resorts, that I'm allowed to use.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I believe the rossignol heros are the same as the dynastar master series, with a different top. Could be wrong, though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy