Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skischool in Grindelwald offering group ski lessons for adults

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning wise people of the snow Smile

I am an experienced 23year old piste skier.

I confidently ski all slopes. I have skied abroad in between 2 and 3 weeks every season starting at age 3. The majority of which I spent in half or sometimes full day group lessons. In 2016 I obtained the first level of Belgian instructor qualifications (initiator) to introduce people to the sport of skiing up to basic parallel.

After all this introduction I get to the point of the post Smile I will be spending my first skiing week of 2017 in Grindelwald, starting sunday 5th February. Unfortunately I struggle to find group lessons for adults that week (pref 6 days) with any of the skischools. This can't be right, can it?

Does anyone have advice on which skischool might be able to help out? I first would have preferred Altitude but they replied to my request that they will not have a group course that week at my level. Unfortunately private instruction is out of the financial question Smile then the official swiss skischool of grindelwald seems to only offer 3 halfdays or 3 days from 10 to 12 or to 15 ish, while I obviously would prefer more hours, starting at the opening of the lifts. #snowhead Smile

Thank you to anyone who can point me in the right direction Very Happy

Julie[/list]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there, we were in Grindelwald a couple of weeks ago for the Lauberhorn weekend. I could be wrong here, but it really didn't look like the sort of place where you'd find a group lesson outside of half-term weeks due to lack of demand. Most folk(adult) on the slopes looked like seasoned skiers and the few instructors we did come across only seemed to be with 1 or 2 customers. Having said that we did see groups of kids in ski school so there may be hope.

You could try Buri Sport, they have a couple of branches in Grindelwald and have a ski-school, we rented skis from them. Very helpful. Another option worth trying may be the DHO club in Wengen. You will need to join but they run adult improvement courses at decent rates quite regularly and are always around. It will mean meeting up with them on the slopes though as they are based in Wengen. If nothing else they should be able to point you in the right direction.

You could also try asking via this link on the forum page where most of the locals post. They might be able to help

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3006062#3006062
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bodeswell wrote:
Another option worth trying may be the DHO club in Wengen. You will need to join but they run adult improvement courses at decent rates quite regularly and are always around. It will mean meeting up with them on the slopes though as they are based in Wengen. If nothing else they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good shout, and here are the details:

http://www.downhillonly.com/wengen-courses/adult-performance-courses/

Unfortunately nothing on the dates that the OP is looking for. My first port of call would have been Altitude too, but things are pretty quiet at the moment during the week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bodeswell, @telford_mike, thank you both for your informative replies Smile

@Bodeswell : Travelling during the worldcup weekend in a legendary place, that is a life goal of mine Smile hope you had a great time!

Your view of the combination of Grindelwald and group lessons: yes ,so it seems.

I had looked into Buri Sport but they state to only offer private lessons as well.

Thank you both for the referral to the DHO club, that would have been brilliant if it had worked out.

As a background on why I ask this question: I spent a week in Vaujany in 2016 and booked group lessons as well. Because the skiing station is somewhat tiny the group included me, and me only Smile the wonderful branch of ESF in Vaujany still gave a full week of lessons, effectively private for the price of group instruction. So since then I'm like: slightly out of the way skiing stations, yes, perfect for lessons. Today it backfires a little bit Wink I will probably go with 3 days of full instruction by the Swiss ski school. It's not perfect but it seems like the best option. And it's skiing, in the wonderful mountains, so I will be perfectly happy still Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@telford_mike, pretty quiet at the moment has its advantages too Very Happy #joiningyouontheslopes #soon
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy