Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko report 20/12/16 - 27/12/16

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, details of the trip; flights/transfers/accommodation booked through Neilson, stayed HB at the Hotel Lion, lift pass and skis from Ski Mania, solo trip (met up with fellow sH super hero Macca778 there for a few days)

Some further background, haven't skied much abroad, in fact only last year in Chamonix over xmas so don't have a load of experience to compare to.

I booked primarily as it was cheap. Fact is though I found the whole trip awesome. Yes Bansko can appear a bit eastern European but everything you need is very first world. The hotel was excellent, food more than acceptable. Anybody you need to speak to has great English.

On to the skiing, baring in mind I'm intermediate at best there was more than enough to keep me occupied for 6 long days. Not all of the pistes were open, all that were are serviced by snow cannons. They did a super job at opening over xmas and the snow road is a great end to the day. Yes if you're looking for acres of reds and blacks then Bansko isn't for you, but for a cheap break with kids with some easy runs then yes it's well worth a look.

Regarding the infamous queues at the gondola... I was at the gondola by 08:10 every morning and didn't queue however arrive later and your milage will vary.

I enjoyed it so much I'll be booking there again next year and perhaps again this year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds great. I'm off to Bansko for the first time on 14 January. There is a bit of snow forecast for this week and temps are pretty low so fingers crossed for a good week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes the out look is promising. I found the website Bansko Blog useful. There's some interesting stuff there and a guide to Bansko which is a little out of date now but still handy for the Bulgarian element. The app is interesting too, quite a lot of chat on on it and the writer is always on so if you want some local information it's handy.

Have fun anyway, sure you will. I'm just about to book again for the 4th Feb Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Back to Bansko?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes - dragging along some other friends this time too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How did you find Bansko? Looked like there was quite a bit of snow...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was great. Loads of snow and it snowed quite a lot during the week. The slopes were pretty busy though. And we made sure to be at the gondola by 8.30 as after that the queues were terrible.
I found the reds and blacks much quieter for obvious reasons.
We only went out the one night when our hosts had night off, as we were in a chalet so food wine and beer were free. So can't comment much on tge nightlife.
Happy End was pretty good for apres and for us all to meet up to get van back to chalet.
I can recommend Total Chalets who we stayed with. They sort out everything except flights.
Over all it was good week but the area is limited and busy. I probably will go back if I want a cheap week again. Some of the guys in my chalet have booked to go back again in March they liked it so much.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's good to hear, glad to hear you had a nice time. I'm not surprised about your summary of limited and busy skiing, it's not massive there.

I'm back next week, will be interesting to see the difference between Christmas and mid-season. I've got 4 hours of lessons booked everyday, if they stick to the blues I'll give them a miss and use the reds.

Will look up total chalets Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy