Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saw someone on 201cm Stöckli DP Pros today...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not a ski you see every day. Didn't see him skiing so no idea if warranted or just a schoolboy ebay error
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, ...grief if they are not a deliberate choice it's going to be a fast, short ride to doom. Trying to put a turn in on these is always challlening, if the ski sniffs fear then you are a passenger....

Yves lent me his fis gs skis - 195, din at 12 - scared the living bajeesus out of me. Start off, bit worried, pointed vaguely down fall line - shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ttt - managed to get on the fronts, and then had a seriously fast, silky ride over evrything, at Mach 7.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@valais2, I ski on 201 FIS SuperGs a few times a year and I have skied DP Pros in a 193.

The DP Pros were significantly more challenging.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, as challenging as trying to ski through the trees on those custom made super tankers you persuaded me to buy?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, yes the reviews are pretty consistent in saying that they are 'demanding' - they do what they want to do, not what you want to do...

http://www.epicski.com/products/stockli-dp-pros
And
http://www.epicski.com/t/54827/review-2007-stockli-stormrider-dp

I have seen Swiss on them. I am 5,7, 140 lbs, din 5, it would be an act of suicide for me to use them, looking at the hulking great experts who have had them in the gondola.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@zzz, much, much worse.

But you will admit I usually get it right.

Why did Völkl change the Mantras? I skied my old ones last weekend. I'd recommend them again.

The Blizzards are prett good though ...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name,
Funnily enough my favourite ski shop in Les Contamines was selling off a pair of DP Pros in 193 when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Lightly used, lovely condition, ex rental I think (!!!) for Euro 250 with bindings. I confess I stroked them and started rehearsing my excuses for turning up with another pair of skis then thought "when am I actually going to ski on these"
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jedster, I wonder of they were the 193s I tried out a few years ago that were for sale in Chamonix.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy