Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Opportunity to get a Capita Mercury... yay or nay?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So a friend of a friend is downsizing their board collection and selling their 2019 Capita Mercury for a reasonable price - £200. The board is in excellent condition and not ridden much.

I currently have a Ride Warpig (my more playful/do it all kind of board) and Korua Tranny Finder (my stiffer, carving and more pow specific board) as my main boards. I'm an intermediate rider, not huge into freestyle (won't be doing boxes/rails much/at all), though would like to improve with buttering and small jumps, 180/360s, enjoy some carving and pow of course. When would I use it? Well perhaps when it hasn't snowed much and the conditions are a bit chundery, if the snow report is variable/uncertain for the week and I only want to take one or two boards with me (not all three), or if I'm going to be spending most of the day just on the piste I guess? I plan to ride approx 28 days/year.

It's a good price for an excellent and relatively recent Capita Mercury, which is essentially universally high rated as a "quiver of one" do it all board - extremely fast base, excellent pop, mid-stiff flex, rides switch amazingly well, decent edge grip and decent pow performance. An all-mountain freestyle board.

I'm wondering whether it's just wasted money and my appetite is getting the better of me, or whether I should just go for it since it seems like a good deal and the board is well reviewed.

I wonder what my fellow SH boarders would do in my situation? I appreciate it's a decision I need to make for myself but I thought it would be fun to court some opinions from the community!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As you say it is a great quiver of one board, but seeing as you have a 2 board quiver already I don't think it is necessary unless you just want to play N+1. I have a 3 board quiver but 1 is a split, never feel the need for more than 2 different solids.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I have a 3 board quiver but 1 is a split, never feel the need for more than 2 different solids.

Agree. I have a split, powder, and all mountain (plus an older version of the same model all mountain board I use as a rock board if I'm going somewhere really early/late season). Unless you have some kind of specific requirement for something (e.g. freestyle) I don't really think more than two solids is necessary. Recently i've stopped even bothering to take my powder board as limited space with all the touring stuff and my all mountain board handles powder fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would buy. worst case will sell if for 250 in high season Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haven't ridden any of those. However there was a time when I'd carry 3 boards around the world, but with technology improvements I find that two is more sensible. I think if you feel you need 3 then the 2 you already have may well not be optimally selected. I've had mixed views on the Capita boards I have ridden - check the quality of the manufacturing and sizing very carefully.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I updated to a Capita Mercury 2019 from a Libtech Dark series 2012.
Shaved 500g off the board weight.
Nice and playful. Spins and Oli’s
I’m happy with it but keen on a Libtech Orca for a powder board this season.
I’m 50, middle aged 2 week a year father trying to keep up with teenage kids.
Use it, don’t use it, ask questions....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy