Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two avalanche deaths in Austria, with risk at 2-3 on the scale of 5

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Agence France Presse is reporting two deaths from avalanches in Austria today, at Gargellen and Jochberg. The avalanche risk has reportedly been 2-3 on the European scale of 5. A third skier who was buried in an avalanche on Friday died of his injuries today.

This report on the TurkishPress.com site

These deaths perhaps serve as a reminder that avalanches can present a fatal risk, even when danger is classified as 'moderate' (grade 2) or 'considerable' (grade 3), situations when skiers sometimes convince themselves that the gamble is worth taking.

Risk is classified as 'high' at grade 4, or 'very high' at grade 5.

PisteHors is reporting "extreme" risk in the Pyrenees, and "high" risk in the southern Alps: click here.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beware that TurkishPress link, it's just loaded other pages that took out my machine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is that Jochberg, just down the road from Kitzbuhel? We were skiing there yesterday afternoon - and the weather was horrendous. Many of the lifts closed down due to extremely high winds, there was powder blowing everywhere. It was fairly localised weather, Kitzbuhel was fine. I would guess that the off-piste would be fairly unstable after that much wind, probably creating pockets where the localised risk was much higher than 2-3.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy