Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Repair or replace damaged binding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I have a pair of approx 2011 era Rossignol Zenith Z76 Ti skis with Axium 120 bindings.
I now also have a new pair of Rossi Experience skis which will become my main ones, but would like to keep the Zenith's as backup.
Unfortunately last season, the outermost plastic "wing piece" on one of the toe bindings sheared off as shown in this photo

Now, I presume this cannot be repaired and so am figuring out what to do.

I thought that one option might be to try and get a second hand matching Axium 120 binding and then just use the toe piece from it - albeit am a bit nervous about a second hand binding as I don't know what it has been through.

The other option presumably is a whole new binding pair set. The current ones are rail mounted. But I am not sure if a new Rossi binding would mount on the same rails?

Any help and / or guidance appreciated. As a standby pair, I don't want to spend too much.

Cheers
SteveM
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be ok using a second hand binding to get you back up to a complete set, you can only judge the replacement by condition though. Install and test should cover the performance aspect to assure yourself of their safety.
An alternative would to take a ski repair service view to see if they've an option to replace that part.

The hire bindings in use get much more of a beating, although subjected to regular inspection by the shop staff / tecs responsible for their wellbeing.

As you point out, it maybe too high a cost that stops you resolving it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SteveM, is it cosmetic or functional? If functional I am surprised it sheared off.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski3 wrote:

The hire bindings in use get much more of a beating, although subjected to regular inspection by the shop staff / tecs responsible for their wellbeing.

You'd like to think...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pretty sure that a seller on ebay has new tpi2 bindings for sale like this (seller is nothing to do with me, but I have the same ski as you and rather like them)

here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rossignol-Axium-100-Tpi2-Black-Ski-Bindings-srp-120-SALE-PRICE-23-50-/291930350031?hash=item43f867a1cf:g:s~MAAOSwB09YGOyz

they have a lot of them if you look at items they have for sale
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can obtain a complete new wing assembly, the left and right are connected and come as a single unit.
You might not get the exact colour, completely undo the DIN screw and the toe wings can be removed/replaced.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for your replies and suggestions.
@under a new name, I really don't know if it is purely cosmetic but don't want to take the chance. Probably more experimentation needed ....
@legue, thanks - for some reason I thought that tpi2 would not fit the existing rail?
@gsb, do you know where? I could not find a ready contact for Rossignol themselves, otherwise I guess I try a reputable ski shop.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done the same to about 3 Rossi toepieces. Not taken the chance on skiing them beyond the immediate trip.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SteveM, call ski bartlett as that is where @gsb is from, mention the thread on snowheads and what you need

and yes it is a tpi 2 binding

http://www.skiinfo.fr/materiel-de-ski/a/132/rossignol/zenith-z76-aramid-basalt-tpi-
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Will follow up with Ski Bartlett - thanks all.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy