Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to La Tania - Can anyone give me the low down?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I hope this is the right forum to post this in?

I’m off to la Tania in a couple of weeks time and wondered if anyone could give me the low down on the price of a pint, where to eat and drink and what the score is with getting to Meribel or Courchevel for a night out?

Thanks

stubbsy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out www.latania.co.uk, it is all in there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Tania is a very good base for doing 3v on the (comparatively) cheap. There is a good bubble out that gets you into the heart of the system quickly. What sort of level of skiing are you looking for? snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi guys,

Thanks for the link, loads of info there, is Pub Le Ski Lodge is the only bar?

I'm looking for intermediate advanced skiing from La Tania

cheers

stubbsy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pub ski lodge is not the only bar, but it is deservedly well-known. I've never stayed in La Tania, but if it is your first time in 3V then you are in for a treat. As an upper inter you can get anywhere in the system and I promise you, you won't even see it all in a week, never mind ski it. Lots of people (and I'm one) think 3V is the best.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stubbsy, Hi if by any long-shot you are off on March 19th or back March 26th I am looking for someone(s) share private transfer with (Grenoble to La Tania)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

no sorry, going on 4th Feb
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pub Le Ski Lodge is the biggest (and loudest) of the bars - big live music night on Tuesdays (chalet girls day off the next day), good value pub grub, sky tv, live football/rugby etc. Happy Hour from 4 to 6pm every day. Draught Heinekin, Amstel, Murphy's, Tarentaise Bitter and Strongbow.

Le Farcon is a small French bar with pool and pinball.

La Taiga is a more upmarket type of lounge bar with brown leather sofas, glass tables etc - but can get lively on a band night on Sundays. Bombay Saphire gin available and a range of quality cocktails plus good modern Savoie food upstairs.

Hotel Montana has it's own hotel lobby type bar with more pool downstairs.

Hotel Telemark's bar has live sport on TV, bands at the weekend, Guiness & Stella on draught.

and there's 3 other small restaurants and the Supermarket to get a drink in (plus the Bouc Blanc for last drink on the mountain at 5pm).

10 minute taxi ride to Meribel. Free bus to Courchevel every hour (takes 30 mins to 1850) until around midnight.

Enjoy...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the info guys and great detail kkev, appreciated Smile

Is it really only about 5 euros a pint? This is the first time i've been back to France for 6 years and we were being charged about £4 a pint in Alpe Du Heuz (which is why i haven't been back for so long)

Thanks again

stubbsy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stubbsy, 5€ a pint in Serre Chevalier for good beer, 4.2€ for Kronenbourg (approx).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
5€ for a pint of Amstel, 4€ in Happy Hour and for workers/locals
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stubbsy, Interested in how you get on, we're off to La Tania on the 11th (Eurostar) and have not skied the 3V before. Good to see some bar reports as we're self catering. Have fun and lets have a week or two of snow!! snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Martyn,

I'm back in the UK on the 11th, so we will be crossing paths - i'll post an update here if i can get online mid week anywhere and let you know.

Thanks again to everyone who's replied

cheers

stubbsy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stubbsy, i am going to meribel on the 4th flying frm gatwick skiin full 3v have u herd anythin about where to go for some cheap beer etc
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy