Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for inspiration - 3 or 4 days in Austria - March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fellow SnowHeads,

I'm looking for some inspiration please - we usually fly to Geneva and head for either the PDS or Megeve or Grand Massif etc. We love the French Alps but this time we would like a change and are looking at flying into Innsbruck. I know next to nothing about skiing in Austria so if you have any suggestions do let me have them.

We are a group of 3 guys - skiers and boarders - and I would say competent intermediate level. Not too worried about raving nightlife but having enough tree-lined piste skiing for a few days to keep us happy would be ideal.

The only place I have read about so far is Ischgl which looks OK apart from the accommodation almost fully booked and what's left is very expensive.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been looking for the exact same thing, short break close to innsbruck, so can pass on some findings...

Availability for 3-4 nights can be sparse, especially for the main resort hotels/chelets but one good option I found was Kappl. Quiet family oriented village and fairly small ski area but what is there is supposedly very good. It is also 10 mins bus ride from Ischgl though which has awesome ski area & apres if you fancy it. Better chance of booking good accommodation there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saalbach/Fieberbrunn
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Saalbach/Fieberbrunn

...in which case fly into Salzburg and book the holiday shuttle (www.holiday-shuttle.at)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd recommend the Ziller valley. Mayrhofen is probably the best option for accommodation. Easy (& cheap) transfer from Innsbruck using the local trains which stop in all the villages along the Ziller valley (change at Jenbach from Innsbruck).

Plenty of nice skiing in Mayrhofen, but the areas of Zell am Ziller and Kaltenbach/Hochfugen will also be available on the same ski pass (Kaltenbach/Hochfugen is a really great area IMHO). Doable even on a short break as all the areas are linked by that train. For train information try www.loco2.com.

Good luck.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anywhere on the Skiwelt. Soll is particularly good in terms of nightlife.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you only want 3 or 4 nights you may have to wait for only a few weeks before you go to be able to book .

Pretty much most place only have Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun bookings avaible until the last few weeks ,when they release the dates or stay out of town and bus in

I had to book a week even thou i only wanted 5 nights , but my friends paid a little more but only paid for 5 nights,it was a very modern hotel and right opposite the lift
http://www.ferienglueck.at/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seraus-Fiss-Ladis in Austria - about an hour drive

San Martino di Castrozza in Italy - about 2 1/2 hr drive
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll second the suggestion of the Zillertal - Zell im Ziller in particular is easy to access and has enough restaurants to cover 3-4 days, while the range of skiing from there is excellent both on the local slopes and elsewhere in the Zillertal on the same pass. Look at https://www.zillertal.at/en/book.html for accommodation - you should be able to find an apartment for 4-5 people from about 100 euros a night in low season, or a decent hotel for maybe 80-120 euros per person per night.

Ski-in/ski-out is rare in Austria as these are working villages on the valley floor, so a 5-minute bus to the lifts is normal. Buses will run every 10-15 minutes at peak times, with stops every 200-300 metres on the major streets.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nauders is a great wee resort for a few days and we got a decent hotel there for a long weekend in February without any hassle. Mixture of tree-lined and open mountain pistes, some great mountain restaurants and some fun easy off-piste in the trees between runs. Booked via Booking.com which is great for finding availability but the hotels prefer it if you book direct with them. The gondola is around 1km from the village but most hotels have mini-buses and will run you up in the morning and come and collect you whenever you call.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zillertal valley is great. Flights to Munich with Lufthansa are decent value. From there it is 3 1/2hrs by train (Bayern family ticket is super cheap into Austria) or car hire is cheap. The train is really easy and sceneic, kick back and relax on the way....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy