Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Indoor (Underground) Parking at Belle Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Has anybody used the underground parking at Belle Plagne?

We are there in February and it's come to mind that the height restriction (1.9m) could possibly be of an issue.

I'm driving a SUV with roof box which would make the height over this. As I've never been there before, I am assuming that I will end up taking the roof box off and leaving it in the car for a week, or is it a little more relaxed than a static 1.9m?

Most 4x4 types with roof gear would be over this I would guess.

Has anyone had any issue regarding the height limit in Belle Plagne?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @iPope,

I parked in the Belle Plagne underground car park a couple of times last season (once upper, once lower) and would say that the height limit is there for a reason. I didn't see any 4x4 types with roof boxes (for good reason, they wouldn't fit) but did see some cars with roof boxes that would catch and make a slight scrapping noise on the beams (the lowest parts of the roof) every 15 yards or so.

There is a small area outside the car park where you could kick everyone out and put the box inside the car, but it's heavily policed and very busy in February so you wouldn't likely get away with more than 5 mins for this.

Make sure you have reserved a space in the car park (either via your accommodation provider or the tourist office) for February as the two previous occasions we tried to rock up in February without a reservation both belle plagne car parks were full! We had to dump the gear and drive the car back down to Bellecote where there was lots of room, then hike/take the bubble lift back up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chopkins13

That is really helpful information, thank you.

We have a reserved place, I believe, but will double check.

Thank you again for your info, it is really helpful.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@iPope, no problem, I hope you have a great time in Belle Plagne, my favourite village in my favourite ski resort snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy