Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski and boot repair.

Poster: A snowHead
Skiing off piste today and hit a hidden rock.

Anyone aware of someone who can fix a buckle and an edge just shy of the rocker in Essex?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there much snow in Essex right now ?

If you are in a resort then why not get them fixed there ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just leaving resort now, I’ll ask if the coach can stop over night
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chuck the skis in the post to Jon at the piste office.

I bust the sidewall of my skis a few years back, bending the edge both ways but not breaking it. It was repaired poorly by a tech. in resort but after my Feb trip the sidewall repair was coming loose again.

Posted to Jon on Monday, fully repaired (to a much higher standard than the in-resort repair) and delivered back to me yesterday. Just £90 (though obviously cost will depend on damage).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mjit wrote:

I bust the sidewall of my skis a few years back, bending the edge both ways but not breaking it. It was repaired poorly by a tech. in resort but after my Feb trip the sidewall repair was coming loose again.

Posted to Jon on Monday, fully repaired (to a much higher standard than the in-resort repair) and delivered back to me yesterday. Just £90 (though obviously cost will depend on damage).

Thanks

Do you know his name so I can PM him and send
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"Do you know his name so I can PM him and send"

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=626

SpyderJon

http://pisteoffice.com/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mjit wrote:

Dan Fuller, Just to clarify that the £90 included other repairs, an edge'n'wax and the return shipping. However, I don't do boot work though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:
However, I don't do boot work though.

One is tempted to comment Cobblers! wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've had a couple of buckles replaced in resort, most decent ski shops carry a stock.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarpa wrote:
I've had a couple of buckles replaced in resort, most decent ski shops carry a stock.

I’d have done this in town but left after posting. It’s not the buckle it’s the plate that the buckle is fixed to
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DanFuller wrote:
Scarpa wrote:

I’d have done this in town but left after posting. It’s not the buckle it’s the plate that the buckle is fixed to

Any shop would need to replace the whole thing, you do this even when buckles are screwed on rather than riveted.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DanFuller wrote:
Scarpa wrote:

anyone handy would be able to sort the buckle for you.
Jons got lots of shiny new skis, you could tell the wife theyre not repairable and treat yourself. i wish i had an opportunity like yours
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mother hucker wrote:
DanFuller wrote:
Scarpa wrote:

anyone handy would be able to sort the buckle for you.
Jons got lots of shiny new skis, you could tell the wife theyre not repairable and treat yourself. i wish i had an opportunity like yours

Well I’m awaiting what Barclays say re insurance so May just buy a new pair
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Re boots, tried Anything Technical in Kendal? Long way from Essex, but might be able to get you the bits, depending on make, or know someone closer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Ski Exchange in Dry Drayton near Cambridge do good boot fitting and have a pretty stocked boot workshop; I don’t know if this translates into boot repairs but it isn’t as far as other options so could be worth a call.
Nick
latest report
@big_ben, Simon at the Ski Exchange is excellent ... done a lot for us re repairs and binding mounts. Very careful and competent...
snow report
@DanFuller, Give Skee-Tex a call, they do keep lots of spare parts and might have a buckle to suit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy