Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where's it gone?

Poster: A snowHead
For the last couple of days I've noticed the white stuff disappearing off the slopes while having a cheeky look at the webcams.

After the near metre of white stuff a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking it would be a good start of season, now I'm not so sure.

Anyone want to put my fears to rest please, pretty please? Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
foehn.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2961633&highlight=foehn#2961633

Try Davidzof on twitter.

http://pistehors.com/foehn-call-24662200.htm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its been a bit warm in La Plagne so yes, the green is coming back: but am still hoping for loads more white stuff before the start of December Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GaryCantley, normal pattern for the last couple of years (maybe last 3 years, but i can't remember back that far).
But i'll be in La Plagne in 3 weeks time come-what-may.
Tis the season to be jolly snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's quite normal in any year even good ones for the snow to advance and recede as the season approaches. Higher up it's looking more encouraging than it has in the last 3 years.

But the words are "encouraging", "optimistically", etc.

It's still early yet for many areas.

That said, I hear that Val d'Isere has delightedly stepped into the breach and will host the DH on the 5th as Beaver Creek has no snow...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's only November
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm out to Val d'Isere this weekend for the season opener. There is snow down to resort level (it's raining today but set to get colder) and there a forecast dump of over 1 metre on Thursday and Friday of this week.

That'll do for me snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GaryCantley, Fear not my friend, the snow gods will provide to those who wait. As people are already saying the early signs this year are better than most, but i still think a pre-xmas trip is becoming more and more of a risk with each passing year. The seasons are definitely shifting. if you want to be as snow sure a possible, i'd leave it until Feb.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i agree with your gazzaredcruiser about pre-Xmas trip being a gamble, but like all gambles: so wonderful when it pays off, as it did December 2011 and December 2012.
Maybe 2016 is our lucky year again . . .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonpim, I hope you're right. I usually only get the one trip, so Feb is a sure bet. although I have got two trips planned this season. Toofy Grin . But for those of you lucky feckers that get many trips the pre-xmas trip is worth the risk.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just booked a cheeky 5 days 15th - 19th Dec. OK, it's a gamble - but then I have backup trips in Feb and April, so #smug-git and #what-thehell alert. And as per @Jonpim, it's gonna be awesome if it pays off!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Arctic Roll, Enjoy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arctic Roll, Where have you booked to go?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonpim, Les Arcs, of course... - clue is in the username.
But will be staying in Bourg ( in the unlikely wink event we need to go elsewhere for the snow!)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Here in the Amade region of Austria they are running the snow cannons all night and then shifting the resulting mounds around the pistes. On the lower resorts the larger ones have pistes running from mid station, whereas up in Obertauern almost all runs seem to be open.
snow conditions
Scarpa wrote:
Here in the Amade region of Austria they are running the snow cannons all night and then shifting the resulting mounds around the pistes. On the lower resorts the larger ones have pistes running from mid station, whereas up in Obertauern almost all runs seem to be open.

As long as there's a decent covering by NYE then I'm happy Very Happy It's amazing what effort (and cost) resorts will go to in order to get pistes running. I was in the 3V leading up to last Christmas and by the middle of the week they were using helicopters to fly bags of snow in to the more heavily tracked areas of Courchevel/Meribel
ski holidays
Im in Zermatt 20-24th December. Fingers Crossed for good conditions. Those kind of resorts the snow will always be decent up high but you want to be able to ski home really.
ski holidays
Whatever happens, you can always find something enjoyable to do in the mountains.
If the snow is iffy so that few runs are open, and those that are open are peppered with stones and crowded, then we go walking.
It is amazing how enjoyable walking in a skiing resort can be. Certainly there are some super walks around La Plagne.
snow conditions
@Jonpim, gotta be honest, the thought of dropping £700+ on a walking holiday isn't that enjoyable an idea Very Happy
latest report
Arctic Roll said
Quote:
Les Arcs, of course... - clue is in the username
And here's me thinking the clue suggested somewhere like Riksgransen, which is er...in the Arctic Laughing
snow conditions
@SnoodyMcFlude, Very Happy
latest report
Remembering that "it is only the 23 November", I got this email today:

Pics from Chamonix_France of latest snowfall Smile More big snowfalls now forecast across the Alps, some areas may get more than a metre more

and here is the reality

and from the SCGB

Ski Club GB ‏@TheSkiClub 18h18 hours ago

The snow is hammering down on N. Italy, S. Switzerland and SE France - locally more than 100cm has fallen already!

2000 m at Chamrousse

Chamrousse, base of the ski runs at 1650 m

It is even looking a bit rough on the pistes at Val Thorens (sorry about the image, it is raining)!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 23-11-16 10:19; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Still loads of time, I seem to remember it still being T shirt weather this time for the last two years or so, at least it seems right for the time of year. Temperatures will drop as winter advances, and there doesn't seem to be the extended dry spells coupled with temperature inversions we had a lot last season.

As long as it's nice and white by 7/1/17 anyway.......
ski holidays
Well compared to some of those other webcams Passo Tonale is looking like winter wonderland hahaha Very Happy

ski holidays
Lower down loads has disappeared here through high temperatures and rain. Higher up, above 2400m, looks very healthy. The rain has fallen as snow up there.

Last year wasn't much différent loads of snow in mid to late November. Hopefully it doesnt continue warm throughout December as it did last year.
snow report
You know, for once it's quite refreshing that the mass media are saying that there is snow, when there isn't quite soooo much, rather than their usual doom and gloom and never skiing in the alps ever again story...
latest report
I can't see what the conditions on the ground are like where I'm going in Canada, there's too much snow coming down in front of the cameras Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Where it's gone? To the Northwestern part of Italy of course!

Bardonecchia

Alagna

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank goodness its better than last year.
Can't wait to get back there in January and February.
latest report
Any snow left in Schladming?
snow report
Pistes from mid stations up are getting great coverage from the snow cannons. Falling temps mean the lower pistes are building up nicely too but are not open yet.
snow report
Föhn all week last week, it was 18 degrees around here. But it's now a balmy -4 here in Laax this morning after brass monkeys last night - cannons going like mad, which they couldn't get going until Jan last season. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!
ski holidays
@davidof, Shocked Puzzled and Ski Club GB - can't be they report like that? Confused NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
I keep checking the weather in Avoriaz but we don't even go till the 21st Jan ha ha, but get so excited at seeing the white stuff.
snow conditions
Had about 1cm of snow this morning down in the village.
ski holidays
In the meantime in Bardonecchia
snow report
MMMMMMMmmmmm, Jafferau.
Missed out last year due to their being no snow - just rolling pastures.
Should be excellent come February. Very Happy
snow conditions
It's fine in Hawaii.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy