Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salzburg Airport and train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello I'm sure someone can with this...

Flight lands at 13:45 with a train leaving Salzburg HBF at 15:08. The No.2 bus leaves at 16 and 36 mins past the hour. So, the questions are as follows;

1) How likely is it that we can get on the 14:16 or 14:36 bus if the plane arrives at 13:45

2) Is it possible to book an open train ticket so if we miss the intended Regional Express train, we can instead use it on the next service which is a EC/IC?

Shall I tell my mate to stick the public transport and get the only very slightly more expensive Shuttlebus?

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When are you travelling? Christmas/New Year and Half term, it will be a stretch but any other time you should easily get the 14:36 assuming no flight delays adn 14:16 if you are lucky. Personally 've never done it - I always get the shuttle. I like door to door service without the stress
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, yes i should have mentioned, it's Sunday 19th Feb. I've checked the timetables for Sunday services and they all add up. Getting the 14:36 would get us to HBF at at 14:56 with a bit of a dash to get the 15:08 train.
I agree with you on the shuttle, especially as I'm carrying skis. Although we do like the adventure of public transport in other countries.

Edit: which is first Sunday of England half term
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Disaster, We always take bus and train but timings are variable. Sometimes bags off and bus are very quick, last time it was slow as a slow thing. Last time the bus journey took 35 minutes because the traffic was bad.

We always buy our tickets from the machines at the station. So just buy ticket and catch next train.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks I think we'll do that. If we don't get the first train then that gives us an hour to grab some food and a beer before the next train which sounds good to me. Thanks for the help guys!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If it is a group have you looked at a group day ticket? There is one for up to 5 people which works out very cheap. It covers any regional and local trains (not IC) for the day. No time restrictions on a Sunday so it would be valid on the next REX if you have a flightmare and miss the connections.

http://www.oebb.at/en/angebote-ermaessigungen/einfach-raus-ticket
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another option is to find out if any Tour Opperators are heading to the end destination and pay them to use their bus. I did this a few years ago to get to Schladming.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our half term ends on Sunday 19 February (London), so may be quieter than you think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy