Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix (or Les Praz) snowboard rental shop recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off there in just over a month and would be grateful for any shop recommendations, in Les Praz or in Cham itself.

Quality of gear and service is more important than price.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What, none? Are they really all that bad?

I'm buying a Nidecker but the wife was thinking of renting a board for a day or so. On the basis of your total lack of recommendations, I'll tell her to stick to her planks.

Is Cham really that bad?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bar shaker, it's a quiet time of year. Many "locals" are on well earned breaks. Or working very hard on infrastructure. Like finishing the new Brevent bubble. Perhaps the young Jedi needs some patience learning?

Who cares anyway? There's no such thing as a "good" snowboard ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LOL David.

I will wait a bit longer and see if any tray merchants can help.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bar shaker, smallzookeeper may be able to help you. he's a boot fitter, but he can probably recommend a decent place. maybe a pm in his direction?

@ david NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bar shaker, used Praz Sports a couple of years ago (for skis) and the gear wasn't up to much, to be honest.

Last year we used Sanglard Sports (home of a larger zookeeper, who seems to have moved on from this parish?) and they were superb. Good quality gear and competitively priced. Not sure how they view snowboarders, though...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BTTT
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, I know this thread is a bit old but wondered whether some rental places could be recommended for me that deliver to your chalet? Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Deliver? No idea, snowboard, not sure but as a general Les Praz recommendation, Echo Base worth a look.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you, new to this so quite daunting Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ges, delivery will be an issue , but zero g in town are probably the best bet for snowboard hire
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you Dabber. My son kept telling me that everyone delivers (he stayed in Meribel) so I am glad that I asked as he is always rushing to go somewhere when I ask for help to book the equipment. Beach & theme no problem, ski & snowboard, totally in the dark Confused
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Ges, why do you need delivery? les Praz is not so very big...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been away from the internet.
We are staying in Chamonix and my son suggested delivery.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Ges, where in Chamonix?

You aren't being very helpful.
snow conditions
Oh sorry, just off Route Des Pecies in a private apartment. I did say I was new to this Laughing
snow conditions
Do you mean route des Pècles?

Have you looked on the map?

Les Praz is completely at the other end of Cham.

And you are somewhere on a rather long road. Wrong end? You are a long way from anywhere.

Your nearest ski shops are probably Coquoz or Technique Extreme. Zero-G are in the right part of town.
ski holidays
Yes, sorry I was looking at a map that was sent to me. I know that I am within walking distance of all the restaurants near the roundabout, central Chamonix I think.
ski holidays
@under a new name, sorry to crash the thread but where would you go for kids hire, we are staying by the station
latest report
@JeanPaulValley, there's a new? Redone? Skiset in the hotel Mercure beside the station, otherwise the first one that you come to that does kids kit as you walk down ave Michel Croz.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy