Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

She's bought skis....bindings advice.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Daughter #2 has just bought a pair of All Mountain twin tips, 170cm and 92 underfoot. She is a competent skier and is leaving for Morzine two weeks tomorrow for her second season. She just phoned me and asked what bindings she should buy, spending as little as possible..... I told her that I was completely clueless, but maybe buy in resort as they are going to have to be fitted anyway. She then suggested I ask on here as 'You claim Snowheads are the font of all ski related knowledge'
So, any ideas anyone?
On her and my behalf, thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sequoiaboard, I know its impolite to ask a ladies height and weight, but since she has bought 170's I'm assuming she is average adult size, so won't need a particularly low DIN bindings.

Do the twin tips indicate a park/jump preference? If so something like the Look Pivot, which has very good elasticity.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sequoiaboard, You could speak to Spyderjon at the Piste Office. He'll give you good advice.

http://www.thepisteoffice.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sequoiaboard wrote:
what bindings she should buy, spending as little as possible

I'm not being funny, but since the binding is like the last line of defence between a pleasant day out and a horrible debilitating injury to your knee that could go as far as mess up the end of your season (or indeed a premature release and ending up somewhere bad), I'm basically of the opinion that bindings are not the place to say "cheap as possible".
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dp, except that bindings are more or less much of a muchness, specific functionalities aside.

If they cope with your DIN requiremnents, you are good to go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@dp, except that bindings are more or less much of a muchness, specific functionalities aside.

If they cope with your DIN requiremnents, you are good to go.

Whilst all bindings have to meet the TUV Din standards those standards are actually relatively easy to attain & have a pretty big tolerances. Once you start to play around with the different makes/models on some decent testing equipment the differences in performance from one make/model to another are significant.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, but are they going to be noticed in the field?

Bench testing is one thing...

I've got 14 pairs, all different, in my garage, and other than that there's a range of numbers they are set to (some of that is functional, i.e. My SGs are set higher than my daily drivers) I can't say I've noticed any performance difference in any of them, nor any of the uncountable sets I've skied on, once you get past the cable ones I started with.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sequoiaboard, Marker Schizo's have 6cm of movement if she is interested in changing boot position from the recommended line to towards centre (park).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy