Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European Health Card - don't go skiing without it

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to a previous poster reminding me to get my European Health card (E111 replacement). I applied online for the family and all 4 cards arrived in a matter of days. We tried them out last week in Kitzbuhel.

We tried the doctor first, for a bad ear infection for Sam. I handed the card over when we arrived and had to fill in a form, and produce his passport. The form was easy to fill in as an English sheet of instructions was provided, the doctor's visit was free. We paid for medicines at the pharmacy, 30E for a 10 day course of antibiotics and ear drops.

We tried the hospital next, after Adam crashed on a GS course and seriously altered the shape of his shoulder. When asked how we would pay I requested E111, this was fine, I had to dash back home to get the card and the receptionist filled in the form and the hospital visit, x-rays , treatment and follow-up visit were all free, all we had to pay was 6.20E for a copy x-ray to bring back for our local hospital.

We could have used insurance, but there would have been a hefty excess, and the insurance process would be much more complex than the simple form. I have now learned to ski with the cards in my pocket, and it's probably worth taking the passport as well, as it's easier than going back to get it as I had to twice last week. I still find it difficult to believe how simple it all was.

The piste patrol on the Kitzbuehel Horn were fantastic as well. Adam completed the race course but was spotted by piste patrol at the bottom and a skidoo was whistled up to carry him off. By the time I found him again he had been taken down the gondola, wheelchaired across to the hospital and was waiting outside the x-ray door.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jane L, sounds like a fun trip!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jane L, Good to know you got your money's worth Shocked from the card!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jane L, what is the web site addres.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pistenbully, follow this link

short link
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or this one https://www.ehic.org.uk
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to the mod who amended my link (I must learn how to do that in future)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul Mason, click on the edit button at the side of your post, and you'll be able to see how it's done. (I didn't edit the link by the way)-I think this is post no 4000!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AND FOR NO 4001!-If you use the post reply button instead of the normal quick reply box, there's little buttons that do it for you!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy