Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is MK Excape in trouble???

Poster: A snowHead
I ask this question on the back of a visit there today (Wed 28th Sept).
In short, there are very few staff about (half the pay "kiosks" have been closed off), there was only one member of staff at the payment area who then told us to go to the rental area to pay, the hire board I used had a 4 inch slice out of the base and hadn't seen wax for a good year or so and once we got onto the slope half of the lights were out and the "snow" was in a really bad state. The whole place looks absolutely knackered! They are even charging £1 to use a locker, where as before you got the quid back. I appreciate it was a Wednesday afternoon but it was like a morgue. Anyone else noticed a drop in standards there???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the one at cas sounds the same during the week when i prefer to go, the other sunday it was packed with lessons and other stuff. it took ages to get up the slope because they only had enough staff to man one lift. I even told em i would work one if they wanted as a joke...

like any busines they are just trying to maximise profits by employing as little as they can get away with, plus most of the students they employ will just be starting back at uni etc...

just that time of year.... i hope
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richie wrote:
I ask this question on the back of a visit there today (Wed 28th Sept).
In short, there are very few staff about (half the pay "kiosks" have been closed off), there was only one member of staff at the payment area

That's about normal - what used to be the payment kiosks have been closed for a couple of years, it's a cafe area now.

Richie wrote:
and once we got onto the slope half of the lights were out

Again, pretty normal for the place - when all the lights are on, you need to wear goggles!

Richie wrote:
They are even charging £1 to use a locker, where as before you got the quid back.

Yup, again probably at least a year since they switched. But if you book for the phat night, or similar 4-hour session, you can get tokens to use for the lockers free.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems like their piste machine has been broken an awful long time. We were there towards the end of Aug and the slopes were in an awful state with a warning sign to check them out before you pay for your session as no refunds could be paid.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Piste machine was fixed Sat pm just gone, skin of teeth stuff for the freestyle competition that evening!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
But if Richie was there yesterday, the pistes don't appear to have improved much, or perhaps they just haven't done much work on them mid-week after the free-style comp.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They're supposed to bash overnight but in my experience often don't. rolling eyes Worst time is after toboganning sessions. All chopped up and pitted, cloddy and cruddy. Can be fun for a bit but the novelty wears off and no good for practising.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I get the feeling that if you are a "top end" boarder/skier and want to hit the jumps and rails etc or a novice having a lesson, you are catered for but anything in between you can forget it.
Having said that, if I had wanted to hit some jumps and rails I wouldn't have been able to as that slope was even darker and looking pretty ropey to.

They now have a motion activated camera on one of the slopes that takes a picture of you which you can then purchase afterwards at the clothing hire area (don't know how much it costs). They would be better off fixing the things that aren't right before they start faffing about with things like that just to try and bring in a few extra quid!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I visited Castlford twice this month, both times daytime (midweek) and thought similarly with regards to staff levels etc. For about 30 mins the 2nd lift could have done with beeing open but they didnt open it. I will say that I thought that the quality of the snow was pretty good tho'.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any body know what MK is like now,supposed to be heading up from 'Sarf this Saturday for Late night Sesh,& don't particularely want to come all that way if the Piste is in S#it order.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Simon (Mr T), if you require me to go and check it out for you, that may be arrangeable...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well don't go out your way,but it looks like we're going up the 15th October now.So if you know by then post it up here.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Are we going the 15th then................................!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you not check your email Kev?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not my home one no.....................on a computer at work, do not wish to go home and do it!!!!
ski holidays
Simon (Mr T), was looking at it today. It appears not too bad.
snow report
WTFH did he actually go on it?
snow report
Simon (Mr T), We phoned them 3 days ago, and they said the Piste basher was now fixed, and it was "back to normal" (their words and not mine)
ski holidays
It keeps breaking down! I went Sat just gone and while the snow was ok, it was un-bashed in certain parts as the basher, having just been fixed the weekend before, had broken down again. If the Warren Smith Ski Academy is running yesterday, today, tomorrow pm, I suspect they will have had to make sure it was fixed!
latest report
It broke again last night! but the snow was ok today.
ski holidays
slikedges, I went and had a look this afternoon and looked ok.
ski holidays
My concern isn't just about the snow quality, it's the whole package. The hire equipment was shocking, the lights were out, the place looks knackered. I feel that they are taking for granted the fact that for most people there isn't another option around so they have taken their collective feet off the gas.
latest report
There has been a noticable drop in standards there recently.
latest report
Linds, I was on it on Thu pm and so was Warren Smith snowHead
ski holidays
they are building that other one in jockanease land arent they?

probably diverting funds into that at the moment, youy know how these big comanies work.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 10-10-05 12:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Jackanease?Where b' that then?
ski holidays
sorry that should have been "jockanease" somewhere up north, past that old wall im told ?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 31-10-05 1:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Won't be going there then!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges, I went shopping and popped in for a look but it was after 5pm, saw who I thought was Warren Smith doing paperwork.
I did wonder if anybody was over there, I should have put my S'heads T-shirt on snowHead
ski holidays
According to reports on the Skiing pages (yes I have a look every now and then), the piste basher caught fire recently and will be out of action for a few weeks. I hate to say so but I saw this coming!!!
The place is knackered. SORT IT OUT!
snow report
any update on this situation ?
ski holidays
I'll be there today. Will update later. Smile
latest report
Update: They are installing new snow guns which they were running for a bit today. Lights on, lifts running, conditions reasonable.
snow conditions
No one there though!
snow conditions
Planning a visit on Sunday.... shall I take some pics on my Kitty Cam? snowHead
latest report
Honda Kitty, Go for it. Be interested to see if it looks like it did when I started this thread. Will you be in any of the snaps?
snow report
Honda Kitty, I will warn you that Sunday will be busy - all weekends are now!
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, Thanks Foxy Loxy - Early Sunday morning jaunt - we get there when it opens & it's not too bad. Unfortunately Sunday's are the only days when all 3 of us are not working...

Richie, Nooooo Kitty doesn't like cameras, they steal your soul.

The last time I went (about 6 weeks ago) it was in a shocking state there was matting sticking up everywhere, huge sheets of ice rather than just the odd patch & both lifts were breaking down. I also had to take my bindings back 3 times, they did give me extra time but it was irritating.... oh and the girlie on the desk messed up my payment, she refunded and re-processed it 4 times!! I hope it's a tad better.... the only thing I can say in their favour is that the people working there always really helpful despite the shoddy equipment.

Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

The last time I went (about 6 weeks ago) it was in a shocking state there was matting sticking up everywhere, huge sheets of ice rather than just the odd patch & both lifts were breaking down. I also had to take my bindings back 3 times, they did give me extra time but it was irritating.... oh and the girlie on the desk messed up my payment, she refunded and re-processed it 4 times!!

I refer you to my initial posting
ski holidays
I was there on Wed early pm. The left hand track took a deep gouge out of my new RX8 skis Shocked Xscape offered to repair it or have it done at EB. I chose the latter as I know some good guys who work there who I knew would do a good job.

The left slope was icy on the top pitch but with deepish soft snow on each side. There was unpacked but cut up soft snow over the rest of the slope, so actually quite fun except for being a bit slow.

The right slope was closed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy