Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiset discount code please :-)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to get my ski hire sorted for next march before the pound falls any further !!
Usually book with skiset as in the past it they have offered a really good service in the resort we go to.

Anyone got any links to any current discount codes for them??
I have done a quick search and found a 50% off one, but I'm being greedy as I'm sure we managed 60% last year Razz
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at the link that magically appeared in your post.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@qwertyuiop7, may I recommend looking at what Alpinresorts have to offer before committing to the evil Skiset.

Other possible pre-order outfits: snowbrainer, sport2000 and Intersport
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Have a look at the link that magically appeared in your post.

I have used them now for the last 8 years in Sainte Foy and have nothing but praise for their selection of equipment, advice and they are great with the kids.
Last year my youngest was asking the guy who was fitting his ski boots if they did snowboard stuff for kids as he would like to try it one day. The guy said no problem and let us take a board and some boots for 3 days out of the 6, to have a play on after the lifts had shut at no extra cost Laughing

My guess is one of the admin on here has had a bad experience of one particular ski set in the alps, but there are hundreds throughout Europe so taring them all with the same brush is bit stupid and unfair in my opinion
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@qwertyuiop7, Although I believe it was a problem initially with an outlet, it was the Skiset operation management that provided a bad experience when trying to sort out an issue, so that would be the same for all Skiset outlets if you had an issue and had to report it to Skiset. The ski shops themselves only use Skiset to take bookings, so most will be perfectly fine. Just a problem if it all goes wrong.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, it was a problem with the management of the problem rather than the individual ski shop, although I recall that the ski shop did not have the equipment that had been booked either, and was rather difficult to locate.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Our Skiset shop in Wengen is great. Good kit and really helpful, knowledgeable people.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry @qwertyuiop7 but, your guess is wrong - and the conclusion you have jumped to, frankly rather insulting.

The issue is, obviously not with an individual shop
because then I would be saying "Don't use this particular shop" rolling eyes
but with the over arching Skiset company who, upon seeing strong snowHeads results in Google for Skiset, tried to use strong arm tactics to coerce us into suppressing talk of their competitors on the forum.
I explained that was not how a snowHeads works: people are at liberty to talk about and recommend to each other anything they like (even evil skiset, as you can see.)

I know many great people running or working in shops that are on the skiset network. Many of them would much rather you deal with them direct as they hate dealing with skiset but feel the alternative, in having skiset promoting one of their competitors, is worse.

So while your little shop in St Foy is, I'm sure, very nice and helpful and honest and hard-working etc. Skiset overall, is not a nice company IMV, is not good for skiers or the ski industry and should not be supported.
If they are that nice, why not call your shop and do the deal directly? Most would thank you for it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells wrote:
Yes, it was a problem with the management of the problem rather than the individual ski shop, although I recall that the ski shop did not have the equipment that had been booked either, and was rather difficult to locate.
Thanks for trying to help Hells but the issue with that dreadful little place in Monetier was actually nothing to do with this and was in fact resolved OK.
At the time there was a particular individual at skiset who was interested in making sure snowHeads were looked after. He dealt with the matter personally - I'm not so confident it would have been resolved had he not been involved though Confused

But this does demonstrate another issue with the skiset 'system': Skiset is just a marketing brand, most (all?) shops are run individually so there's no consistency of quality across the network. While some shops are excellent, others are utterly dreadful and when it does go wrong, it's Skiset central that have your money - nothing to do with the shop - so good luck there!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy