Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit workbench jig (3D print)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I use a black and decker workbench for my ski servicing, but the arrival of some Dynafit's made securing the ski's for waxing a little tricky. I knocked up a design for a small jig which supports the ski on the bench using the binding pins.The rear of the ski rest on clamps which locate in the workbench holes, and the rear of the binding is secured by the original blue elastic band wraped around the clamps that would usually be at the front. These were originally designed to locate the ski on it's side for edging.

All 3D printed in ABS.

ABS should be soft enough so as not to damage the pins, and the rubber band should allow a bit of give when heating\cooling the skis.

IMG_20161016_144209

IMG_20161016_143140

IMG_20161016_144113
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AndAnotherThing.., Top lateral thinking Very Happy You should approach the binding manufacturers.

As for pin damage, the pins spend their entire life touring being ground into a metal socket, so plastic is not going to damage them.

My quiver is now all on tech bindings, but I found that I can still use my Holmenkol Super Pro Plus vice. The two end supports are rubber coated which provide a surprising amount of friction to stop the ski sliding, but the ski is held by the central vice which is wide and deep enough to grasp around the sides of the toe piece (Dyanfit Radical ST 1 & 2, Beast 16), and hold everything firm.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PowderAdict, Cheers Smile

I've never got around to buying proper ski vices, but on reflection don't have a sideboard in the garage to mount them anyway!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

AndAnotherThing..

That's a good idea on the binding inserts. Did it take much work to get the sizes right?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Happyskitech, I did a couple of thin sections to confirm the clearance for the stuff around the pins on the binding and then ran the whole thing. I knocked the holes out in another version to see if it made any difference to the build time price.

On the other hand I hear that knocking one up in wood, via a pillar drill and saw isn't hard if you have that kit - which I haven't Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been eyeing up a cheap keyboard stand on ebay (~£17) I looks like it may make a good portable work stand for waxing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Folding-Double-X-Frame-Keyboard-Adjustable-Stand-Piano-With-Straps-/322048079273?hash=item4afb8fb5a9:g:yk4AAOSw2ENW8Qy2
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy