Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - off piste guide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a week in Tignes during February half term and was thinking of either doing an off piste course or getting a guide. There'll be 2 of us and we've done about 3 weeks worth of off piste courses in Chamonix over the last few years. Can anyone recommend anyone good. I also need to book lessons for the kids but that's another post!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We just called into the bureux des guides and booked a guide. He was good and of course fully qualified.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you want to learn about technique, whilst having a mini adventure or be guided pure and simple to the wide blue yonder (and would you consider touring)? If the former there are a host of ski schools that offer courses - I would recommend Evo 2 in Le Lac for that, if its a guide, pure and simple, follow @johnE, !

How old are the kids?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonesj, good to see another Cardiffian with a solid name!

We've used Yves Astier several times in the Espace Lilley and surrounding resorts and can totally recommend him. If you book him directly, you'll probably get a much fuller day than if you use a school - Yves normally meets us at 9.00am and skis with us until the last lift closes.

Yves is pretty flexible and will do the type of skiing that you want. He grew up in the area, so his knowledge of the mountains is exceptional, and he's very happy to give tuition to help your technique.

Google should find him, but, if you have trouble, send me a pm for his details.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skied a few times with Nick Quinn who has a ski school based there - Ski Encore. He's excellent and knows the area well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant thanks. Kids are aged between 11 and 18. We need a guide but also tips as we have plenty of room for improvement. We usually use Evo 2 in Chamonix but last year we had a guide for 2 days in Verbier which was fantastic. Thanks for the advice all, much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With teenagers, I would probably go for TDC.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy