Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies all mountain ski on a <£200 budget

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm after a little help finding a ski for my wife, on a budget.

I am looking for a ladies all mountain ski. Length between 143 and 155, waist between 80mm and 90mm. Probably to be used 50/50 on/off piste. The budget is an issue (skint) so it's about trying to find the best possible deal out there.

Please let me know if you've come across anything in your internet shopping travels that skis well and is coming in at around £150 - £200max (yes, I know...)

Have found good deals on the K2 Superburnin and Fischer Koa 84 so far, the latter being the favourite but it's high in the budget bracket.

Many thanks,

Si
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SiWithington, Sport Conrad? http://www.sport-conrad.com/en/skiing/skis/all-mountain-ski-with-binding/?ldtype=infogrid&_artperpage=11&listorderby=oxvarminprice&listorder=asc&pgNr=0
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can push the budget a little, there are some Volkl Aurenas (£238) or Blizzard Viva X7s (£224) over at Absolute-Snow.co.uk, but TBH, if cash is properly tight - do you really want the added cost of shipping kit too and from the mountain?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On a quick look, the only ski that I found that strictly met your criteria was this: https://www.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/rossignol/sassy_7_xe_xelium_110_b93_black-75111.html

It is an intermediate ski and should be fine a lower speeds...not for hard charging on icy pistes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Salomon Q88: http://www.thesportsoutlet.co.uk/salomon-q-88-lux-ski-2014

There are a few others in that site that might suit you too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for the replies. Definitely can't stretch to above £200 though I'm afraid.

Some good options there, I'll add them to the list. Please do let me know if you come across any more.

Cheers y'all
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SiWithington, if you're skint, go to resort, visit rental shops, ask if there are 2nd hand/trade-ins, inspect it and ski it.
But remember to get ski carriage (and bag) for the return leg if you take this option.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dbeatski wrote:
@SiWithington, if you're skint, go to resort, visit rental shops, ask if there are 2nd hand/trade-ins, inspect it and ski it.
But remember to get ski carriage (and bag) for the return leg if you take this option.
This is a good idea, you will get last years skis at a good price, with the added advantage of trying them out first.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The 2014 Rossignol SASSY 7 150 + Saphir 110 are at Ski Bartlett for ~£178

http://www.skibartlett.com/ski-equipment-c1/skis-c3/all-mountain-skis-c29#t117:t15:t188:t189:t34:sort3
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
These could work - they are the men's version of the Temptation 80 (which I have in 160cm, and they're great):

https://www.glisshop.co.uk/pack_ski/rossignol/experience_80_dark_xe_xelium_110_b83_black_white-75123.html

£188.90, and 144cm in length - hence why they're on sale.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the help, much appreciated. Punted for the Fischer Koa 84 at €199.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy