Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thumbs up on hestra gloves!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you do a search (or have a shockingly good memory), you might recall that I have trouble with gloves in general. I have tried a few pairs, last years I had some expensive burton gloves, but alas the problem remains. That problem - sweaty hands.

The gloves could be bone dry on the outside, but saturated inside. It didnt matter whether my hands had been hot or cold, it always happened.

In the sales last year, I bought some Hestra army leather mittens. Having now been using them for the last 10 days or so, I can only say good things. It has been really rather warm here, so it points at just how capable the Hestra mitts are, that they have never been anything beyond a bit damp.

So if anyone suffers sweaty hands, I certainly recommend Hestra gloves as a possible solution!

Adam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
buns,
not certain , but its liner is probably wool based, this will absorb the moisture and disperse it, wool can take 30% of its weight in moisture before it feels damp
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another thumbs up for Hestra here too. I had to hunt some down and do a special order, and ended up with Leather Ski Cross gloves, but it was worth it. They keep my hands warm, look great, and I can even type with them on, great when you want to use the mobile or take a quick photo!

One of my favourite bits of ski gear, these will last years.

ScottyDog
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also huge thumbs up for them - I suffer from very cold hands and have the half and half mitt/glove - second pair - brilliant. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A decent pair of leather mittens/gloves are just about one of the best bits of kit you can buy. I've had my leather Reusch mitts since 1984 & except for looking a little worn from carrying skis, they are perfect. They seem better than synthetics for keeping you warm, dry or cool.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thinking about getting some Hestra gloves, which models do people recommend?

http://www.hestragloves.com/content.dows?area=4&gloveID=7
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB, I've got "3146 Army Leather GTX XCR" which are good, they replaced "3057 Army Leather Heli Ski" which I had for 4 or 5 seasons. They're about the same but the heli's had removable inners, I'd have got the heli's this time but could not find any to buy. Be sure you like what you buy, you'll be "stuck" with them for a while Very Happy

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 26-01-06 20:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Ise.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy