Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2 to fly into Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Some people may already be aware of this, but I just got email notification that as from December this year Jet2 are doing flights to the new destination (for them) of Innsbruck, which could prove handy for Austria bound snowHeads. snowHead

https://jet2email.com/3HYU-NSM3-BE3MGA5JE7/cr.aspx
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Prepared they actually get to land
Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alastair Pink, nice, thanks. This may come in useful – I had no idea despite visiting a Jet2 pilot last week rolling eyes

*braces for contact from northern friends who have suddenly decided Tirol would make a good ski holiday destination this season* wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alastair Pink, great heads up.

Probably just a glitch on their website. But from their ‘I want to go to Innsbruck’ button, the only Austrian option coming up for me just now is Salzburg.

Will try again tomorrow.
snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can’t get Jet2 website to load up at all this morning.

A quick google reveals Jet2 currently celebrating the return of the 2019 Love Island contestants.

I expect the clamour for details has crashed their site
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@PeakyB, It was running a bit slow last night. Try again later, I guess.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PeakyB, seems to be working for me. Flights to Innsbruck from BHX are showing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Alastair, Thanks, this gets better all the time. BHX flights!

Maybe my Apple iPhone has an issue? I’ll try on my steam operated PC, as soon as I’ve hung out the washing.
snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scarlet, thanks. I got the site up late last night. But having entered every UK airport sequentially, Innsbruck not offered from any. Just Salzburg.

I blame Love Island. Will definitely try later.
How’s the ankle?
snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PeakyB, when trying to work out which airport you can fly from, try entering the destination as the starting point. From Innsbruck you can fly to Birmingham, Stansted and Manchester.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alastair, thanks. Jet2 site working fine on PC. Flights look VG. Thanks again to @Alastair Pink, for flagging up.

Still not working on iPhone. Will delegate issue to IT support, AKA Junior PeakyB, soon.
snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PeakyB wrote:
@Scarlet, thanks. I got the site up late last night. But having entered every UK airport sequentially, Innsbruck not offered from any. Just Salzburg.

I blame Love Island. Will definitely try later.
How’s the ankle? snowHead

Pretty good, thanks. Twinges a bit if I run for the bus in flip flops or take a full-height drop (2m) from the bouldering wall, so I try not to do these things Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarlet, Laughing that's good, as long as you can ski the steep and deep. Surprised you wear flip flops, thought you hardcore skiers went barefoot all summer to toughen up soles. wink

Quote:

Still not working on iPhone. Will delegate issue to IT support,

Switched phone off. Switched phone back on. Sorted. Fully trained operative, me.
snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
duplicate post

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 2-08-19 8:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try from the home page rather than from the link

https://www.jet2.com/en
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, thanks, all working now. Manchester, London Stansted, Birmingham seem to be the 3 options for Innsbruck.
snowHead
snow conditions
PeakyB wrote:
@Scarlet, Laughing that's good, as long as you can ski the steep and deep. Surprised you wear flip flops, thought you hardcore skiers went barefoot all summer to toughen up soles. wink

You joke, but you'd be surprised at the number of people who walk around barefoot in summer. Is that the reason? Or is it some weird hipster thing?
ski holidays
@Scarlet,
Quote:

you'd be surprised at the number of people who walk around barefoot in summer.

Really? They must sweep broken glass up faster in Austria than UK. I save barefooting for beaches. Even then I put swimming shoes on for the sea, what with weaver fish and stuff lurking.
Elf n safety must have warped my brain.
latest report
Quote:

Manchester, London Stansted, Birmingham seem to be the 3 options for Innsbruck.

Bu66er. Still nothing from Glasgow or Edinburgh Mad Using their Edinburgh to Salzburg flights a lot though and are excellent
ski holidays
Flights from Stansted only showing up for February/March and early April and only Sunday flights available!! Coming up as £332 for 2 adults in early March for flights and 22kg hold baggage. Will be more if reserving seats. In comparison, BA flights Heathrow to Innsbruck on same dates come in at £247 for 2 adults with 23kg hold baggage. Jet2 allow 10kg cabin baggage, BA allow up to 23kg cabin baggage.
snow report
Too late for us next season all booked via ZRH with Swiss, but will keep an eye out for season after, maybe even LBA one day.
ski holidays
Just checked out the Jet2 prices from MAN to INN over the Xmas period, £600 for 2 pax with just bags, no ski gear!!

BA has better value prices and options!
snow report
@skimastaaah, that BA also from Manchester?

Sounds like Jet2 need to sharpen their pencils if more expensive than BA.
snowHead
snow conditions
@PeakyB, BA is really London Airways
ski holidays
Jet2 aren't really been a budget airline – I haven't used them in years because Easyjet are loads cheaper on scheduled flights. Charter for Jet2holidays are their bread and butter these days. That said, there are few options for ski flights from the north. As@Frosty the Snowman says, BA just don't go there, and Swiss/Lufthansa/KLM are limited and expensive.

These new routes will come in when it is more economical/less hassle to go from Manchester or Birmingham than travel to Gatwick or Heathrow from Leeds or Sheffield etc. I think these are the old Monarch routes, which no-one has flown for a couple of seasons.
snow report
@PeakyB, Tend to use Avios with Flybe from Man (to MXP) or head to LHR for more options. Either way the costs are way cheaper than similar dates/deals with Jet2.
snow report
The website was temperamental, MAN to INN dates not initially available, it would allow INN to MAN but eventually worked showing Saturday flights. However the price was £220 after adding a bag and skis and a 18:30 arrival would mean a late arrival at resort. So I would take Easyjet Sunday flights in preference. Lufthansa MAN to Munich works out much cheaper but a longer transfer for me. Innsbruck is a tricky airfield, I wonder if Jet2 are more likely to abort landing there more often in sketchy conditions than say Austrian airlines who do it more often ?
snow conditions
I think having a bit more choice and competition is a good thing for us.

Especially good, for those of us who live in the provinces, to have more BHX and MAN options. Shame they can’t add to the Scotland choices and surprised they don’t offer Leeds/Bradford, one of their main bases.

I’d hope Jet2 flight costs might go down but the reality seems to be that demand for Midlands/North flights exceeds demand.

As @Scarlet, implies, it’s not just about the headline cost. The overall cost for travel (possibly overnight accommodation) from the provinces to London airports is what counts. Also the hassle factor, especially if involving a dreaded return drive home from Gatwick. I try to do train for that but it doesn’t always fit in.

I agree Jet2 is not a budget airline. I’ve found they strike a reasonable balance between reliability, service and cost.

Hope it goes well for them.
snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PeakyB, The provinces? I live in North Yorkshire not the provinces.
snow conditions
@Markymark29, I was being ironically self deprecating, in this London-centric country of ours.

I live in the Black Country and am glad it’s in the provinces. Once the Thanes has risen a couple of metres we’ll become the capital, here in our sunny uplands.

No offence intended. N.Yorks is wonderful.
snowHead
ski holidays
@PeakyB, ha yes I was only messing too....so long as the South East keeps thinking it’s the centre of the U.K. and it’s disciples don’t want to live in the frozen and depressed north where we have no jobs and all live in mining towns I’m happy! I spend a fair bit of time in the south with work, having a national role and I know what’s good for me wink

Black Country is doing great these days too with new station, decent football and new metro construction etc....good to see. Our nearest city is Leeds, really buzzing and prospering place, and by 2030 we might even have decent train links to other cities like Manchester and London once the Transpennine rail upgrade and HS2 are completed. The poor infrastructure east west in the north is a disgrace really, and lack of flights to ski centres is a pita, good luck to Jet2 with INN flights but I dont see why they couldn’t extend to LBA and also get their pricing right......they call themselves the skiers airline, nothing further from the truth imo.
snow report
Jet 2 are odd with their pricing. Tha elast 2 years we have gone Liverpool woth EJ and EMA with Jet 2 to Sallzburg. LBA is by an hour the nearest but always much more expensive
snow report
@Markymark29,
Quote:

Black Country is doing great these days too with new station

No, that's Brum. Good grief, we don't have anything to do with that uneducated rabble. wink
We've had a couple of new bus shelters though and the beer is cheap.
Let's hope travelling by rail, air, road etc all improves in the midlands and north asap. Just getting 10 miles up the M5/M6 link is a major expedition recently.
snowHead
snow conditions
@PeakyB, Midlands Metro is going to Wolverhampton and new transport hub there? Also to Dud-lay soon.
snow conditions
PeakyB wrote:
@Markymark29,
Quote:

Black Country is doing great these days too with new station

No, that's Brum. Good grief, we don't have anything to do with that uneducated rabble. wink
We've had a couple of new bus shelters though and the beer is cheap.

And of course you have great Black Country faggots and pays to go with the beer. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Markymark29, Metro extension planned but has been cancelled several times before. Fingers crossed.

@Alastair Pink, yes we have a few culinary delicacies. My Aunt wrote a recipe book with many examples.

I’d like to see Faggots n pays, made from raw ingredients, on Masterchef.
snowHead
latest report
PeakyB wrote:

@Alastair Pink, yes we have a few culinary delicacies. My Aunt wrote a recipe book with many examples.

I’d like to see Faggots n pays, made from raw ingredients, on Masterchef.
snowHead

Food of the Gods! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Had something called a faggot batch in Coventry a couple of years back.

I didnt finish it.
Nuff said
snow report
love faggotts Embarassed
latest report
for those who might be new to flying to and from Innsbruck the restaurant upstairs (before security) is not bad at all - it has floor to ceiling windows with a very close view of the runway, wifi, and in warmer months you can eat outside on the terrace. Very reasonable prices for eg some soup and a glass of whatever. Easy regular and cheap access on the bus to and from the main train station in the city.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy