Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian speeding fine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Driving an Austrian rental car in April, I got flashed by roadside camera in Austria, just on entering a village, probably about 10km over the limit. Just received notification by letter from Avis/Budget Austria stating that my details had been passed onto the authorities and that I am to pay an admin fee of 24 Euros AND in the same post another letter, separate envelope, but same message but this time from Avis/Budget Switzerland charging me 50CHF. The enclosed offence details attached to each letter are exactly the same, same location, same day/time, same reference number. I was nowhere near Switzerland, I was in an Austrian registered car rented from Innsbruck in Austria. I don't understand it. I don't have a problem with the offence or even for one admin charge, but two!
I have emailed both Avis/Budget in Austria and Switzerland but they replied to the effect- "Tough". Just waiting for Avis/Budget Germany, also maybe, Avis/Budget France, to get in on the act with my card, after all, it seems as though Avis/Budget might have stumbled upon a new scam, Switzerland is a neighbouring country to Austria where the offence took place so why not a neighbouring country to that one as well and so on and so on.
Strikes me another example of hire car companies taking liberties with customers' credit cards. Mad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you genuinely believe the charge is in error and Avis refuse to discuss it can't you involve the credit card company?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try speaking to your card issuer, they should be able to bang heads together. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you're saying that you can't be in two places at once, however fast you drive.

If they're trying to charge you on that basis, and you asked them not to, then I think you can simply refuse to pay your card company (credit or debit) in the UK, explaining why. In my experience their call centre people will try to be awkward, but they cannot refuse this. It's either the consumer credit act or a chargeback depending on the type of card. Insist on it, then it's over, or they can take you to court in the UK in which case you'll win and then it's over except it costs them more.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tell the credit card company the 50 CHF one is a fraudulent charge as you weren't in Switzerland.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think @davidthornton is saying that Avis Austria have levied an admin fee for processing the paperwork for his ticket (fair enough), but have then also passed it to the Swiss arm of their company who have levied a second fee for the same paperwork. Clearly this is not acceptable and it seems reasonable that the Swiss fee is the more sensible one to dispute as he was in Austria at the time and had hired from the Austrian company.

Good luck...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had one a couple of years ago as an admin charge but never received the actual fine from the Austrian authorities. Was around £25/30 from memory. I did remember seeing a camera flash on way back to salzburg airport so probably was genuine enough
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ring the credit card company.

Tell them to cancel immediately all the payments and refund all the monies.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the comments. I am challenging the charge, the Swiss one, which is plainly ridiculous.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy