Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites hotel for family - half term 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Since introducing the kids to the slopes 2 years ago, we've been to Trysil in Norway both years staying the first week of Easter in the Radisson Blu resort hotel. We love the hotel and its facilities, the fact it's ski in/out and the resort overall given its suitability for beginner/intermediate skiers plus how quiet it is at half term compared to the Alps etc. My wife's quite happy to return there again but I fancy broadening our horizons and going elsewhere if we can keep most or all of the niceties of what we've experiended in Trysil whilst staying in budget. Because of the desire to avoid massive lift queues etc I think the Alps in half term or Easter is a no-no so I was thinking perhaps the Dolomites in half term week instead (Easter is probably too late being 1st week in April?)

So some recommendations for specific resorts to look at and ideally hotels would be very much appreciated, we're after a hotel offering family rooms/small suites to accomodate us and 2 kids (10 and 8 ) with pool/sauna/jacuzzi etc. Ideally it would be ski in/out although thats not essential as long as it's quick and easy to get to and from the slopes. Skiing wise we're what I'd probably describe as early intermediates, the kids will likely want half day ski school and you'll mainly find us cruising down blues/reds the rest of the day. Budget is around £300-£400 a night B&B

thanks Smile
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Locoblade, you have a PM
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd also be interested in these recommendations... Thanks!
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've found the Dolomites to be very civilised during half term weeks as long as it doesn't clash with Carnivale when the slopes do get busier. In 2020 Carnivale will be the week of Monday 24th February and although most UK half terms dates will be the week before this and fine some schools / areas go for the later week which wouldn't be ideal.

For beginner/intermediate skiers my pick of the Dolomites would be San Cassiano. There's easy access to all the blues in the Pralongia area, and plenty more within easy reach including the hidden valley run, and it has the longest gentle blue I've ever skied down to it from the top of Pralongia that is ideal for practicing turns and gaining confidence on the snow. It's not on the Sella Ronda route which helps keep the queues down and that whole ski area is dotted with lovely restaurants which are great for taking a relaxing break during the day.

I haven't stayed there so can't recommend any hotels but there are quite a few threads already on snowheads where hotel suggestions have come up.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Locoblade, have a look at the Hotel Stores in San Cassiano. Perfect for what you are looking for. Whilst it's not Ski In/Out, it's a 5 min walk to the lift and you get free storage of your kit at the lift station.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks both, San Cassiano looks promising so I'll have a good look tonight when I get home.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy