Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Christmas Hols flights

Poster: A snowHead
FYI for anyone looking to book next year's flights. EasyJet have just posted that their Christmas flights will go on sale 14/4/16:http://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to SHs @bobbyMcBob. What a helpful first post! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 it could be an early morning!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bobbyMcBob, cheers.....welcome to SH
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bobbyMcBob, Good work.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oooh Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bumpity Bump Its Open!!- Booked 0800 CET.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just booked too Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Booked too. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Me too! £94 for 2 from Birmingham to GVA 09th to the 18th Dec!! Bargain
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had checked at around 01:00 this morning and nothing was there. They then started to become available at around 06:50 BST. Initially you had to go to the last date and scroll forward using the "3 Week View". This was just a practise run for me as I need to book for half term. However, my plans may have to change as the EDI-MXP flights go from 7 days a week to 3 days a week from early January. Confused Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
21st dec - 4th jan, £330 for 4 of us, even with hire car still works out cheaper than driving. So flying it is Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
£352 for 4, return flights from Luton to Munich & £108 for bags. Dec 17th to 24th. Not too bad.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When is the expected release date for half term ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Spyglass, Mid May, although an actual date is given nearer the time.
ski holidays
£120 for three Geneva to Gatwick on 16th and 23rd (many apartments seem to be Friday-Friday because of Xmas dates) Very Happy
latest report
£189 for two adults, two kids and one hold bag, Gatwick to Geneva on 17th and 26th. snowHead Delighted with that. My daugher and SiL are teachers so can't travel before the 17th, but the flights were still very reasonable.
snow conditions
That looks like some good prices for Christmas and New Year weeks.

Do they release at sensible prices when they release the half term tickets, or do they do a BA and go straight to 400 per person economy lgw-gva return ?
latest report
Blimey its cheap down south! £97 for one GVA - MAN 19 Dec, return 28th.
snow report
Booked at 07:30 this morning BST for 2 trips - a lads and a lasses short break.
6 flights from BRS to GVA 21-15 Jan with 5 bags and 1 board and pre-booked seats for £666
and then 5 flights from BRS to GVA 25-28 Jan 5 bags and pre-booked seats for £610 (not sure why that one was more expensive).

Just looked now and the same flights are £820 and £835.
I guess everything will drop to more sensible prices as we get into summer time.
It's a shame that it's all a bit of a game and we can't just have a flat price but that's a whole other thread...
latest report
By the way how did you get notified the flights were going to go on sale this morning ? I have just now received the email from easyjet to say they are on-sale, but that is almost 12 hours after release, and obviously knowing in advance (for half term) would be useful. Their website just says mid-May at present.
snow report
@Gazzza, The EJ website will give an actual date nearer the time.
snow conditions
£208 return LTN - GVA 22nd Dec to 1st Jan. For 2 with bags and extra leg room. The funny dates make trying to avoid tour operator travel a bit more interesting this Xmas. Still, can't complain although not as good as @pam w, that's a steal!
snow report
Was about to pull the trigger on some reasonably priced flights, but good job I didn't as the OH breaks up a few days after Jnr and I. We could have had a very handy week away and still been home by Christmas Eve.

Now considering 23-31st or 24-31st. But for us there are better options than the Easyjet flights for those dates so will hold on a bit.
snow conditions
@Gazzza, those easyjet emails are completely useless. Usually snowheads is a good source of information. As this thread proves! But easyJet do publish dates themselves - just google "easyjet flight release".
latest report
Out of interest do people book the flights and then find somewhere to stay or the other way around ? I thought I'd price up a Christmas holiday and I was in constant fear that if I'd lose the flights before finding somewhere. Having said that I want to fly from southend and that only goes to Lyon and then transfers look twice the flight cost so I'm having a rethink but ..... what do you do ? Flights first ?

Regards
snow report
I booked flights first (16-23 Dec) and then look for accommodation (self catered appt for us). I would have left it until relatively late at that time of the year given the snow conditions recently in Decembers gone, but all the French schools are on holiday and it needs to be a) cheap (extra bonus week for us) and b) ski in/out...I've had a good look and not many seem to fit the bill in resorts where you can be fairly sure of snow. Looking at a couple of places in Arc1800 now.....
snow conditions
It feels the way to go with the flights disappearing fast. I know what you mean about snowsure, caught a flight with someone who went Christmas last year and they showed me their photos of 12ft wide pistes. Self catering for me too and ski in/ski out would be brilliant
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@djf, book flights while they are reasonably priced, then accommodation later once you are confident of conditions. Christmas week is actually relatively quiet even though it is school hols - lots of families (English, French, German, Dutch etc....) still like to be home for Christmas. It usually starts getting busy from Boxing Day onwards - although where Christmas falls this year may alter things a tad.
snow report
Thanks @hammerite (and @snowhound). Yeah its an interesting one as that looks like a prime week and if you do the 17th, you can do the week and then be back home for Christmas day. Thanks both

p.s. just seen school doesn't break up until 22nd which forces it more to 24th
snow conditions
Quite a few rental apartments are doing 16-23 (Fri-Fri)-that's what we're going for as we don't want to be getting back on Xmas Eve.
snow report
@djf, I'd book flights then wait for accommodation. Christmas, as stated above, isn't usually too busy (nothing approaching the ghastly New Year week). If Christmas turns out to be a good one, snow-wise - and we're due one, after two very poor years - you'll be spoilt for choice of accommodation.

As for the transfer, rent a car.
latest report
 jerv2606
jerv2606
pam w wrote:
@djf, I'd book flights then wait for accommodation. Christmas, as stated above, isn't usually too busy (nothing approaching the ghastly New Year week). If Christmas turns out to be a good one, snow-wise - and we're due one, after two very poor years - you'll be spoilt for choice of accommodation.

As for the transfer, rent a car.

I'm seriously considering going down this line.

Now do I book flights to Geneva, Grenoble or Chambery? Which location is likely to be the snowiest???....
snow conditions
No way of telling where the snow will be but those airports are all within reach of a big range of resorts. If you search "Chambery" on SHs you'll see there are some downsides to the airport, though it's closest to some resorts.

If you rent a car on the Swiss side of Geneva it'll have snow tyres, which can be an important point if (as you hope) you arrive in heavy snow.
ski holidays
Hi all, thanks for the info. I don't think we're going to do it as we're not 100% certain about the situation with family over Christmas.

Anyhow, I've worked out I get from Southend to Tignes for about £1800 inc flights, transfer, accommodation and lift pass for a family of 4. Thought this was pretty good. Still at least we've got a good idea for winter 2017.

Good luck all with finding your flights
ski holidays
The release dates for February Half Term have been pushed back from mid-May to June and Easter has gone out to September:cry: Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release

I think that is utterly bonkers; especially Easter.

I've been holding off booking my flights to Milan for Bormio in February but will just go-ahead and book with Lufthansa.
ski holidays
That's a different business model. all the holiday locos have already published Summer 17.
ski holidays
That strikes me as a poor decision by Easyjet. I was going to hang on for Easter flights and probably book on EZY from Southend.

However, by Sept there is a high risk that the alternatives (mainly BA/Avios) will be more expensive or not available, so I've pulled the trigger on the BA flights instead.

One of the main factors for me in early booking is that car rental prices are much cheaper at this stage, so it helps to have confirmed my flight times when sorting out the car.
ski holidays
its June! anyone got any ideas when in June Easyjet will release their half term flights
snow conditions
@Jonny996, No further updates here:
http://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release
But I am watching!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy