Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko

Poster: A snowHead
So I am thinking of heading over to Bansko but have read mixed reports. I was considering it for Christmas but snow reports looked mixed for that time of year and queues are something people seem to be grumbling about - any experiences?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't done Christmas but have done new year week and half term. We wont be doing it again at peak times. There are simple too many people trying to use the resort.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=124502&highlight=
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was going to go this year but i did some in-depth research and its too busy and too expensive for what it is.
One thing in your favour is Ryanair flights to Sofia but long transfer so can be very cheap on a DIY , AirBnB has loads of places.

If you could go the week before Xmas then Italy and MDC have free lift passes , was working out around €500 all in for a week when i looked into it last year.

Plenty of better places which may work out slightly more than Bankso but much more value for money.
The beer might be cheap in Bankso but a quality glass of local wine in Italy is a couple of euro on the slopes Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hawkwind, the transfer isn't as long as it was for previous seasons. I still cant recommend it for a peak week. However I can see it being good for March.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickyJ,
yeah i went in March to Pamporovo , i really enjoyed it although conditions werent great.
In saying that i could see how cramped it would be at peak times , some of the slopes were very tight on approach to the lifts and a lot of beginners on fairly challenging slopes that were too narrow.
TBH thats why i didnt go this year , want to spend 2 months in a resort and reckoned a high chance of an injury so opted for Italy , more expensive but better value for money and less crowding
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@louisaski, I'd want somewhere a bit more likely to have good snow for Xmas week. That week might be tad less manic than NY, but as you've heard it is a place best avoided at peak times. But I really liked the place when I went 3 or so years back, an interesting change from Italy and France and some excellent off piste as well as good piste action; probably one for a quieter week further on in the season as . @NickyJ says.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, think I will put on the list for March instead. I have been to Pamporovo in Feb during peak hols and it wasn't too bad for queues etc.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@louisaski We have done Bansko at Christmas and the snow was minimal, we did New Year and Feb and snow was much better. Think Christmas is a bit early for decent snow coverage there
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi , Bansko at xmas, can be risky , if there is a good base layer all runs are open if not it can be limited.
Bes time to go is early to mid March , quiet and historically loads of fresh pow
I live there in winter so trying to make sure you don't get caught out by poor snow level

Usually open around Dec 15th weekend
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@banskosports, are you going to dig up every single topic mentioning Bansko and reply to it?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like! Yet only to repeat advice already given.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@HoneyBunny, @NickyJ, yet if someone else mentions where they live and gives advice like in Saalbach or Sante Foy for instance, that's ok?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gainz, it's hardly the same thing. They are usually helpfully replying to existing topics, not resurrecting loads of old threads just to pimp their businesses.

Are you just trolling??
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In fairness, he seems to have been giving genuine advice about Christmas conditions, based on local knowledge, rather than pimping anything. Also a newbie, so may not have realised this thread (presumably resulting from a search) was an old one. I seem to remember that I was caught out like that when I first started posting - inadvertently posting on, and therefore resurrecting, old topics without checking the dates in the r-h margin.
snow conditions
Tatman. You're being very generous. It's fairly obvious what this guy is about, he's carpet bombing every Bansko related thread, regardless of it's age.
latest report
Gainz wrote:
@HoneyBunny, @NickyJ, yet if someone else mentions where they live and gives advice like in Saalbach or Sante Foy for instance, that's ok?

It's always OK to do that in current threads.

It isn't really OK to answer in that way in loads of threads that have been dormant for several months.
ski holidays
Tatman's Tours wrote:
In fairness, he seems to have been giving genuine advice about Christmas conditions, based on local knowledge, rather than pimping anything. Also a newbie, so may not have realised this thread (presumably resulting from a search) was an old one. I seem to remember that I was caught out like that when I first started posting - inadvertently posting on, and therefore resurrecting, old topics without checking the dates in the r-h margin.

It seems that way until you read the other Bansko threads he's dug up...

For example: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43597
ski holidays
Thought that @banskosports' reply on this thread was fine; helpful but without selling anything! The thread digging-up @HoneyBunny referred to was, erm, not so helpful
snow conditions
I hadn't seen the other threads referred to - just took it at face value.
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny,
Quote:

It seems that way until you read the other Bansko threads he's dug up...

For example: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43597

I see what you mean!
latest report
Hi all , wasn't pimping or trolling , just had too make new account as couldn't login with old user name , no matter how we tried to retrieve it

Used search function for " Bansko " , and yes did reply , but making sure each OP was different , as to not repeating each bit of advice .

If you read our reviews we actually go out pour way to help guests and or random holiday makers for free too .

But like many forums , a few spoil it for the many as there are European Destination HATERS , most whom have never been , hence why we try give very accurate info , even if its not quite what the OP wants to here.

Happy snow fun to all and one
snow conditions
Tatman's Tours wrote:
In fairness, he seems to have been giving genuine advice about Christmas conditions, based on local knowledge, rather than pimping anything.

That's the way I took it too.

I'm not a troll I regularly visit this forum and found your 2 posts quite rude - more bankso hating as usual. People often dig up old posts and you'll find that more now the winters approaching so take a pill and cheeel honeybunny/ nickyj x
snow report
@banskosports, and @Gainz, Now you're insulting our intelligence. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Gainz wrote:
more bankso hating as usual

WTF? LOL
ski holidays
@banskosports, @Gainz, There is no "Bansko hating" at all.

I have no idea what part of what anybody has posted since the thread was dredged up that could be taken as that.

And if the response had been to a current thread, nobody would have said anything.

But if you respond to a post that has been dormant for several months without actually adding any new information, and do it to several threads, you will get criticised.

The post made by banskosports above did not add anything, it was just repeating what had already been said by several others, several months before.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy