Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DAMN SNOWBOARDERS!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
I have been a proud British Inter-mIdiot Skier for decades; my ski jacket is built for passes you have on a retractable lanyard - that's how long I've been skiing.

So, imagine how I felt when Offspring came out and confessed through his tears that he didn't want to ski but wanted to be a Snowboarder instead... The shame, the shame... However, I've done my Diversity Training and so here we are in Bansko, Bulgaria, both learning to snowboard from scratch.

And you rotten snowboarders have been keeping a secret, haven't you?!! Don't deny it; a miserable scam to keep the slopes clear of excess boarders and definitely Not Cricket!!!

Snowboarding. Boots. Are. Like. Slippers.

OMG! I have just been SHOPPING IN MY BOOTS!!!! THAT is how comfortable they are!

You utter Swine.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Wobbler, Funny Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowboard boots probably started off as reinforced moonboots...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Wobbler, You can still torture yourself with hard boots and a racing board, so you feel like a skier Twisted Evil

http://www.goltes.com/Snowboardshop/Snowboardgear/1/Hardboot-gear/Hard-boots

http://www.goltes.com/Snowboardshop/Snowboardgear/5/Hardboot-gear/Carving-Snowboards
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PowderAdict, yup, I have the Deeluxe Track 700T hard boots with thermo(just)fit liners, but for a board I have the Swoard. For the hard pack days...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh yeah , I ran to the ski hire shop in mine to get one of our group a new pole after she broke it ! Wink that's how we roll dude Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Enjoy running up and down stairs next to your wobbling ex-brethren Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Minion1980, he's seen the light , it's only a matter of time
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, the boots are a plus point for snowboarding, but I'd still rather poke sharp needles in my eyes than suffer everything else about boarding Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Wobbler, If you want to ski and have comfortable Boots try Telemarking Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Comfortable ski boots exist.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
.. as do comfortable race snowboard boots. Actually I feel that I've met more people who've bought more [soft] snowboard boots than skiers buy boots, trying to find something which works. Like the boards, it's all about fit: some people don't know how to get it right is all. I often forget to take my race boots off: they're fine for the pub or whatever. I'm always surprised when I ride with people who habitually loosen their boots when they're not riding: they have boots which don't fit!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PowderAddict - I have my fingers in my ears and going "La La La!".n They're comfy, don't spoil it! Very Happy , Skipped, SKIPPED (well, in my mind) to the rental place this morning. If they didn't stink and weren't falling to bits, I'd buy the damned things. Cool

@TangoWaggon - you may be right; I took two bad falls today (I didn't fall once during my first two weeks skiing). Put myself "off games" and spent a happy afternoon with Offspring watching junk movies and eating snacks. Snowboarding ROCKS! Twisted Evil

@Minion - you know, I've found myself being so much more tolerant now I understand that ex-Brethren have so much more to juggle than a single board. And the poor darlings' feet hurt and they can't walk properly. Am borderline smug...

Hopefully my head will stop feeling like it's about to fall off and I'll be able to breathe deeply "sans twinge" tomorrow. It's clouding over , snow is forecast, loving the softboots and it's All Gooooood. snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PS @Mike Pow - hahahahahahahahaha! Funny. Stop teasing the skiiers. wink
snow report
@Wobbler, I hope you do get some nice snow, it will make the boarding even better! Nothing quite like the feeling of surfing through powder, it's very addictive.
snow report
@Wobbler, As a skier I can only say Shocked Madeye-Smiley !
To bad you could not resist the dark force! Skullie
ski holidays
Soft boots...
Fresh, light powder...

Feels goooooood! Razz
ski holidays
And also a snowboard is easier to carry whilst walking along in comfy boots than skis and poles!

I'm still thinking about becoming a total convert but need to improve significantly first 😄
snow conditions
SSShhhhhh, we've managed to keep it a secret this long......think of something bad to say to put people off trying it Very Happy
latest report
I've experienced the slipper like feel of snowboard boots, but it was counteracted by the swollen feel of my behind Very Happy
snow report
Still remember the slightly overweight Dad-on-snowboard being pulled along a flat road by his 12 year old son-on-freestyleski's, some three years ago already
Apparently you wanted to be one of those rather sad wanna-be-hip-dads?
Wake up, snowboarding is close to dying!

Think again and buy better skiboots.
ski holidays
I heard they had better helmets too?
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
I heard they had better helmets too?

That's why we need baggy pants . . .
snow conditions
My boots, snowboard obviously, got uncomfortable once.

At 3am in a bar in St Anton.
snow conditions
In St.Anton, snowboarders are complaining all day long Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Langerzug wrote:
... Wake up, snowboarding is close to dying! ...

Good luck with that.

But when it started, there weren't many of us around. If you want to take all those fashionable wannabes back so they can snowplough instead of side slip.... I don't think you'll find anyone whining much.
snow report
Boot update: Swapped boots for a pair with a dial you turn to tighten them. Proper boot tech, and still like slippers! Smile

On proper pistes now, not nursery slopes.

I hereby apologise to all other slope users; I am that yard-sale permanently in your way. Embarassed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If they are so comfortable, why do boarders always have to sit down in the middle of the piste? wink
latest report
knackered knees wrote:
If they are so comfortable, why do boarders always have to sit down in the middle of the piste? wink

snow conditions
@eddiethebus, Very Happy
snow report
knackered knees wrote:

Where the hell else am I going to make my massive spliffs!?

wink
latest report
knackered knees wrote:

It turns out that the answer to that is...because we can! Cool (I found that as a skier, it's a pain getting up so you tend not to sit down. For boarders, that's not quite the case so any excuse for a rest...)

It would be fun for everyone to have a quick go at the other sport - "walk a mile in the other person's shoes" and all that. Or in this case, "snowboarding boots" and that mile would probably result in quite a few more boarders. Laughing
snow conditions
I tried snowboarding it's infancy and had to use my ski boots and a clip in binding that didn't release. I decided that even more walking in ski boots because you can't skate a board was a bad idea. Maybe I should have tried again when soft boots became the norm but now I'm too set in my ways Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy