Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dalbello ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone have any opinions on these?

I have tried on a pair of Dalbello Visio 2's going for £80 (brand new), seems like a good price and they seemed to be comfy (apparently they have a wide fit, and i have wide feet!), but does anyone have any opinions on them before i go and part with my cash?!

its hard to find much info on Dalbello on the net!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My hubby is on his second pair now, they really seem to siut his feet. He didn't deliberately go out to buy them the 2nd time, but that was what the boot fitter recommended in Banff. They are very popular in US/Canada. www.dalbello.it A few ski instructors in Serre Che were commenting on them too-very stylish, transparent orange.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dal bello sell quite a few boots in the USA. they are no 3 or 4 in terms of numbers. They have always focussed on the low to mid end of the market. In part that's because of the way in which they deal with shops {their terms ar pretty good}.

Check out the reviews in skipressworld.com, as I recall the visio was very welkl reviewed amongst the soft boots, though note that all soft boots {whatever anyone tells you} offer less precision than hard shells {with the pay off being easier entry and more comfort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

They have always focussed on the low to mid end of the market.

Although the last 2 seasons they have been trying to go upmarket. Witness them sponsoring Plake to endorse their products and changes in their lines.

I have heard good things about the (top-end) CRX line. Might get a pair of the Freerides next winter if they fit.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whatever fits your foot best is the best boot. But if they are comfortable in the shop, they might be too big- don't forget the soft materials pack out. buy only from someone who really knows how to fit you.
Kurt - the CRX have a walk mode, are you sure they have enough rear support? the walk mode usually weakens the rear support.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sugardaddy, I realised that. They would most likely be my second pair of boots. I would grind the soles, add some rocker and kit them with Vibram soles. That would make them into stiff ski mountaineering boots and much more use for skiing than any AT boot.

I have heard that they are by far the stiffest boot (in any direction) to have a walk mode. If Plake is skiing them my guess is they are not noodles. Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HUbby has CRX-pretty stiff. First day he couldn't get them on. Had to sit in bar at bottom of SUnshine gondola for half and hour before he got his feet in them . Mainly due to the boots being in the cold car for the drive from BAnff I think. and then trying to put them on in the car park.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kurt von liebewitz,
i like the way your mind works Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy