Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy St Vincent Drive from UK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowheads,

Sorry if this has been asked previously on the forum, but a search did not seem to turn up anything relevent...

Looking for some tips for driving to Puy St Vincent, for instance ;

From Lyon, do you usually go East, through the toll tunnel, via Montgenevre, or West via Grenoble ?

Many thanks.

Steve
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When are you travelling, day of week and time?
Just that could affect your options if coming out in the next three to four weeks.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your swift reply.

We are travelling this Friday morning, getting the Eurotunnel on Friday afternoon, and driving through, stopping overnight, and arriving Saturday late afternoon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eurotunnel is at 11am.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Your best option is to buy a reduced rate Frejus tunnel ticket and then go over Montgenevre and then on to Puy.

Next option if forecast is for no snow is to take the route de secours to La Grave and over the Lautaret. All the signs will say that the road is closed so it is a little unnerving, but a friend did it late last Sat in a taxi from Lyon!

If you're not under any time pressure and as you are driving to Puy then you could go via Gap which can be a little longer but again you'll be closer to Puy coming up that way and turn off at Argentierre.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your reply, we will go with your suggestion of using the Frejus tunnel, where do we purchase a "Reduced rate" ticket ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowysteve, mine were bought from Serre Chevalier website, but you have to be staying in Serre CHevalier to buy one from there. You need proof of your accommodation. I had a look on the Puy website, but can't see them available on there. I know Montgenevre were offering them too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Route de secours is fine, I did it both ways on Friday. ATM it's closed 21.30 to 05.00 Mon to Fri but I think open 24h at weekends.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy