Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to ski with small dogs in deep powder

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was a little concerned that maybe the smaller of our Jacks might find the powder to deep as last trip out with her I had to carry her.

And was hoping that the route I'd planned should deliver it steep and deep, and did not want to be in a situation of having to climb back up and get her if she got stuck!

For the other dog she's a little larger and stronger!

So before we went I tried out her in my large (38lt) back pack and she seemed quite happy.

Skinning up they are happy as there are tracks to follow that are not deep soft snow, as soon as we hiked up on fresh even Kiki the larger dog found it difficult if she went off the track.

Once into descent mode, I put Beanie in the pack and she was calm.

As it was steep and the powder quite light Kiki was able to charge down through it though obviously not as fast as on skis!

OH said it was amusing skiing behind me with Beanie looking at her from the top of my pack Smile

So here's the vid of the trip

http://youtube.com/v/SjXYO8XDBgY
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice video looks like perfect bluebird day.
Dogs seemed to cope well although wouldn't like to bum slap with the dog on my back
Where is the route? Monetier
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Weathercam, that's a great video. Looks like a great run too!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like great fun for all. snowHead

You are probably already aware of them, but consider a search for "Muttluks Fleece Lined Dog Boots" on Amazon, etc. to help keep paws warm, and from sinking too easily into the snow.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, have you ever skied over one of your dogs?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Think you need bigger dogs
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are adorable!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's adorable... those are two happy mutts!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd be worried about it sh1ting in the bag Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What a lovely day out although the snow looks just a tad tricky!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What a great video and your dogs are adorable. This is the first year that our dear old lab has been unable to ski down with us, he's just got too old and creaky. He now goes in style in the gondola, so it was lovely to see your jacks having fun. Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Powder hounds, love it!! They're cute, but don't they get cold?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or just buy the dog ski goggles and a snorkel Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy