Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Painful feet. Please advise me.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
Just finished my first day in Morzine and me very are in tatters. It started as pins and needles and as the day wore on turned into agony. The toes and balls particularly so. The only thing I can think of really is boots being too tight. Does anyone have any experience of this please? My second and last day over here hangs in the balance over this.
Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its pretty common unfortunately. Hire boots or your boots? Is there a footbed in them? Both feet or one having trouble? Do you have short tendons (is standing on tiptoe more comfy than bending forward at knee and ankle)? Have you been undoing clips on chairlifts, are you already avoiding drag lifts? Are you light or, erm, comfort sized?

Jess
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My own boots that but at hire shop said are correct size. They are burtons tho which are narrow app.
There was some plastic bits in the box, but I didn't know what they were so left an at home.
Front good mainly, but both are painful.
Appears I do have short tendons.
Just removing one foot at lifts.
I can't drag so I avoid them.
I'm chunky for sure.
Ty for quick reply. Any advice really appreciated.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
starting with pins and needles - blood circulation cut (do not overfasten the second horizontal buckle as that is where the main blood transport is happening). the boots could be tight and snug, but not the second horizontal buckle only needs to be fastened until the very first resistance. This assumes that the boot size is correct (in terms of widht and length). Go and have your boots checked.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When you put your boots on, make sure that your heel is all the way back and the tongue is seated properly, and don't over tighten the forefoot. Don't over tighten your bindings either!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ty.
The second horizontal buckle I presume isn't the toe binding? My boots have the inner show with 1 pull lace and lock, then lower and upper lace pulls.
Ty
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@blockzzz, I don't think mooney058 and @HandyHand have twigged this is in the snowboarding section and rate talking about ski boots. Not over tightening your boots does hold true though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No, I'm fully aware that this is a snowboard query, Burton boots generally have zonal lacing so you can tighten the forefoot and cuff independently.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you get a thin ice build up under the boot through clipping i and out, then this will squeeze the top of your foot under the binding. I have this issue with my burton freestyle bindings, flows, and the expedite bindings. The latter 2 as they are not adjusted each time you clip in, but preset, and the Burtons because they only bite 1/3 of the way down the tongue. Just take a bit of time to clear out any snow or ice each time you do them up.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok. Thank you all.
Noticed tonight on the less painful foot quite severe red marks. Thin lines, almost like laces. I'm gonna tighten an a whole lot less tomorrow and see how I go.
Cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep, id head back to the shop that sold them you when you can but for now, dont tighten so much, try taking board off entirely when you can, avoid walking and take off at lunch. For the tendons do stretches once warm, can help a bit as something odd happens in forefoot when you dont have enough flexibility, i used to get eeevil pins n needles due to that, took ages to work out wasnt just boot too narrow! http://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/library/adult_health/sma_peroneal_tendon_strain_exercises/ good luck for tomorrow Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy