Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Orres ski school etc HELP !!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello !!! 1st post so I'll try not to blab on too much.
We're off to Les Orres, 2 adults and 7 & 5 yr old little ones on the 19th but as newbies are unsure of how to book ski school, passes equipment in resort. This is where I need help please !! Does anyone sell the whole package or do I book them all separately ? Any suggestions who to use ? Best prices etc.
It's our 2nd ski break, we went to Avoriaz over Xmas but it was all organised for us so feeling rather overwhelmed by it all doing it ourselves.
Thanks Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Familyfuntimes,

Ski school - get this sorted first, and book in advance, particularly if you all want lessons at the same time. A quick search indicates there are two ski schools in Les Orres (ESI and ESF). There are links on the Les Orres website
http://www.lesorres.com/en/ski-schools
Call/email them and find out if they have lessons available at the time/frequency you want, in the language you want. If both are a possibility, consider also the meeting point and distance from your location, ease of accessing the meeting point during the ski day (e.g. for picking your kids up after lessons), size of group in group lessons.

Equipment hire - you can just turn up and hire, but it will be cheaper if you book in advance. Choose a shop near your accommodation and/or near the bottom of the slopes, to minimise the amount of time you have to spend carrying your gear around. Again, the shops are listed on the Les Orres website, and you can filter by location:
http://www.lesorres.com/en/equipment-hire

Lift pass - you can usually book online, but I never bother - just turn up and buy on arrival.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the resort tourist office is your friend. They could probably tell you which ski hire shop is nearest your accommodation etc and they will speak English (though possibly not brilliantly, be patient and talk slowly).

You might find that lessons are predominantly in French, if most of the pupils are French, even if the instructors speak some english as Les Orres is not a place with loads of anglophone visitors. Don't worry about this for the kids - my 6 year old granddaughter had her first week's lessons in an entirely French class at Christmas and coped fine.

skimium.com is one of the sites for discount ski hire. They have two places in Les Orres, one at 1650, one at 1850.

You've chosen a great week to go. There's been fresh snow, and the French holiday crowds have departed. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les orres. That brings back memories. Spent my first season there about 20 years ago. It's a great little ski resort and one I must go back to one day. I worked in a skibound hotel and the ESF were always very good with the kids. Not much help I know but enjoy. It's a gem of a resort with great views and lovely skiing.
T
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great thanks for the replies. I've had a look at the Skimium website, just looking at which skis would suit us. We had lessons with esf last time so may stick with them. Looking forward now and yes here's to the fresh snow 😀
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy