Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ski Boots - Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Wanted to invest in a pair of ski boots this year, and figured it would make more sense to buy a pair out in the resort rather than here in the UK, as then I can try them out on the slopes straight away and if there are any problems they should be quick and easy to rectify.

Can anyone recommend some good fitters/shops in the Tignes area that could help?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought my boots from Precision ski in Val Claret about 6 years ago. Excellent service and went back a couple of times for tweaks during the week. I still use these boots and they are as comfy as the day I got them. Used them for about 10 weeks in total.

I think there are two Precision ski shops in Val Claret but this is the one you want http://www.precisionski.fr/en/stores/9-precisionski-tignes-val-claret-precisionski-tignes-val-claret?view=1. I booked in before I went as they get pretty busy.

My wife also had her most recent boots fitted by Precision, but in Val d. Service was excellent for her too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jojo in Nevada Sport in Tignes le Lac. One of the best in the business.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or Jean Charles at Ski Fast across the road in Rue de La Poste. Ski and boot techs come and go in the big shops - these two were chiselled out of the mountain here! Go early in the week as you made need an appointment.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jo Jo in Nevada Sport. He only sells boots. Rue de la Poste, Tignes. Then come to the Embuscade bar. 3 doors up from Nevada Sport. JoJo will look at your feet and then tell you what boots will suit.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for Nevada Sports here.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, got my boots from Nevada Sport a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased. Have to make an appointment (in person I suspect) for the fitting, so you may have to take your existing boots or hire for the first day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like I'll be paying Jo Jo a visit! Thanks for all the recommendations Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have also just bought from Jo Jo at Nevada -he is a law unto himself!
Visit 1. These are the boots you need- go away and ski for two days and come back for booked appointment.
Visit 2 after half a day skiing and bruised pressure point on each shin- heel raises put in! I assume he already knew that I would probably need them?
Visit 3 - the appointment and feeling slight tenderness down shin- some heat treatment to boot tongue solves the problem.
Visit 4 after a couple of days harder skiing the inners settle and boots begin to feel a bit roomy- solution: try old foot beds ( 15 years!) but he thought they looked OK and worth a try - and now all seems fine Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bit late to this thread but...................in Tignes in 2013 needed new inners for my boots and rep suggested Nevada Sports. Don't know the fitters name (relatively old gentleman) but he sorted me out straightaway with Sidas footbeds.

Comfortable from the word, go never needed to go back and my boots are now like a trusty old friend. Another vote for Nevada

In fact better than when new as I only had the basic liner in which is therefore a recommendation to opt for custom footbeds from day one.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone know if Jo Jo is still in business at Nevada Sports? I know he was talking about retiring a couple of years ago.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sj1608 wrote:
Does anyone know if Jo Jo is still in business at Nevada Sports? I know he was talking about retiring a couple of years ago.

I had boots fitted by Jo Jo in Jan 16, when my ancient Salomon Integral Equipes finally fell apart....so he's still going strong.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Old Fartbag, that's great news, sounds like an excursion to Tignes is called for......
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sj1608 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, that's great news, sounds like an excursion to Tignes is called for......

As others have said, call in person to make an appointment. If you are looking for a footbed, he will probably want you to ski for a day or two in the boots first.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Old Fartbag, yes, know the drill with JoJo about booking ahead, he sold me my first pair of boots and I think I'm at the stage of needing new liners, and really want to go back to him rather than anyone else.

When I rented boots I could not understand the idea of them being 'comfortable' but now I never think of undoing my boots during the day, am happy to walk in them if needed and even at the end of the day there's no sense of 'desperate to get my boots off'. Along with a few other people, JoJo has played a huge part in my conversion from 'skiing hater' to 'just how many days can I ski this season'!
snow conditions
sj1608 wrote:

With a couple of small children to a new wife I suspect JoJo will be fitting boots for a while longer wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy