Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

totally ridiculous family quiver

Poster: A snowHead
I have just done an inventory....can anybody beat this?

Blizzard DH216
Blizzard DH216
Nordica DH216
Dynastar DH216
Atomic DH210
Völkl SG208
Dynastar SG204
Völkl SG200
Nordica SGjr 195
Dynastar GS 189
Dynastar GS 189
Rossignol S7 188
Blizzard SGjr 185
Salomon Rocker2 184
Salomon Lord 184
Atomic LT183
Dynastar GS 182
Nordica GS 182
Dynastar GS 183
K2 Moto 181
Nordica Conquer 178
Dynastar GSjr 175
Nordica GSjr 175
Head Supershape Speed 170
Dynastar SL 165
Rossignol CS70 165
Atomic SL10 163
Salomon Knight 160
Salomon Knight 160
Nordica SL155
Dynastar SL 155
Nordica SLjr 150
Dynastar SLjr 150
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you the old woman who lived in a shoe?? Smile

How many of you are there?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hyperkub, there's a quiver thread from a few years ago where people posted pics. I recall someone had a pic of their quiver about the size, if not bigger, than yours.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks reasonable for a family with one or two kids who race.

I think Patch & steph had a pretty big collection.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hyperkub, like to see how you store that many, big garage? We've about a third of what you listed and not quite enough space to rack them neatly. They do have to fit amongst our collection of bikes though, before mentioning my windsurfing quiver which doesn't get used much these days.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Erm, by my reckoning that's more pairs of skis than there were in the hotel boot room for the whole of the MYaSHBash ! Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't ski much pow or park do you?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are a couple of fat skis in there and the Lord/Knight are OK in the park. But powder/park skiing isn't really our focus. Given the choice of a powder day or race training on a hard piste, I would choose racing on sub-70mm skis Happy

The skis live in a large lean-to but there always seem to be a few pairs in the hall....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hyperkub wrote:
Given the choice of a powder day or race training on a hard piste, I would choose racing on sub-70mm skis

There is no hope for some people rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hyperkub wrote:
Given the choice of a powder day or race training on a hard piste, I would choose racing on sub-70mm skis Happy

LOL. This reminds me of a really funny day a couple of years ago. I was out skiing by myself on a huge powder day (it was properly thigh deep fresh powder) and I came across these two young guys on Fischer slalom race skis (the ones complete with the hole in the tip, which wasn't exactly helpful in these conditions!). They were very good skiers as it happens and coping as well as could be expected on such grossly unsuitable planks, but I could see it was seriously hard work for them. They tagged onto me because they didn't know the slopes that well and we got chatting. Turns out they were both committed amateur racers from the Canadian East Coast and had only ever skied boilerplate before! So when we got back to the village, I sent them to the hire shop to get some more appropriate planks for the following day.

As for our family quiver, it's not getting too out of hand. We do all our skiing out in BC Canada so fatter is usually the way to go, but we do each have a pair of decent piste carvers to hand for when it hasn't snowed for a week. I think this is what we currently have in stock:-

Line SFB
Atomic Century
Movement Le Fer
Head Integrale 009
Volkl Fuego
Various kids skis!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmm...between two of us we have:
Rossignol soul 7
Rossignol S7 117 (for sale)
Blizzard Kabookie
Blizzard Latigo
Head Supershape Magnums
Liberty Envy Powder
Volkl Kenjas
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've only got one snowboard, but I do own 9 surfboards with 2 more on order.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rogg, thats a dangerously low number of snowboards. Plus it'll get lonely on its own.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On a per capita basis I think I beat that but not as an absolute number - that is pretty insane.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@rogg, thats a dangerously low number of snowboards. Plus it'll get lonely on its own.

I'm planning to head to japan this year so I might well add a powder board to the family. Just need to work out how to hide it from SWMBO.
latest report
Hoarder.... Laughing Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy