Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any thoughts on the bolle gravity ski goggle

Poster: A snowHead
What's the better
Oakley A frame
Bolle gravity with moderator
Bolle nova with moderator
Or any other similar goggle
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Give me until the end of the month and I can let you know. Got a pair of Gravity goggles with the modulator lenses but not had a chance to try them out yet. Not seen any negative comments about the modulator lens though, most people seem to think they're superb for the money from what I've read.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got a pair a couple of weeks ago, been using them ever since (over my A frames and crowbar) really like them and seem to cope with most conditions
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had these Bolle Nova for the last couple of years and they were great. http://www.blazesunglasses.com/bolle-20965-nova-goggles.html Best fitting goggles i`d had but i put a massive scratch down the front of the lens. Tried the Nova 2 but they pinched my nose and didn`t fit very well, nice lens though. Splashed out on the the Scott LCG`s and they`re fantastic.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't have any experience of the other goggles you have listed but used a pair of Bolle Nova Modulator Citrus Gun (cat 1-3) over Christmas and (for me) the worked well in bright sun, flat light and (as well as can be expected) white out Happy

I didn't notice the change in the lens it just seems to work well for all conditions. I've previously used Bolle Quasar Vermillion Gun (cat 2) and found them to be very good but the range on the Modulator lens in the Nova I feel is just that bit better for all conditions.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
P.s.

I thought I'd miss the spherical lens on the Bolle Quasar but didn't really notice any difference with the regular lens shape on the Bolle Nova
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got a pair of the Bolle Gravity with moderator in the vermillion, really like them, good in most conditions, not brilliant in flat light, but I can live with that for the other light conditions they cope with. Haven't tried the oakleys...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have Bolle Gravity with vermillion blue modulator lens (CAT 1-2) and used them for my last 3 trips. I have found them to work really well in flat light. In full sun they perform OK, not as well as the Citrus Gun Modulator lens (CAT 1-3) which I also have (in the Nova frame) wink.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How good are the wed'ze goggles at Decatholon
Any other goggles they are similar to the bolle's
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any thoughts on the Smith Grom kids goggle
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What about the bolle emporer ski goggle
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to follow up on this now that I've used them. Suffered a bit with fogging up on day one, and then the fog freezing, but I do have a very hot face. I adjusted them overnight to take some of the foam out the bottom and that sorted it out.

In terms of the modulator it's fantastic, I've got the modulator vermillion blue and the change across the range is really good. Only downside was that they suffered a bit in the really flat light/whiteout conditions, but TBH I think that most lenses were, but on the whole they were fantastic all week.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After reading this thread I have just ordered Bolle Nova II Modulator Citrus Gun, seemed a bargain at £40 - Amazon warehouse 'used' but 'as new'. Won't be able to test them for a few weeks but I might try them driving*.

*not really in case anyone is freaking.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been using Bolle Gravity with Vermillion modulator lens since Christmas, about 40 days skiing. They do the job of an all purpose lens very well but do suffer at the 2 extreme ends of the spectrum as said above. Mine have a problem with the lens popping out, but to be fair i smacked them on the 1st day of usage and it may have damaged the notch in the lens that keeps them in place.

For about £80 im very happy with them, and they do save a lot of faff choosing which goggle to wear each day or constantly swapping lenses as the light changes.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a pair of bolle modulator, and need to replace the lens bit cannot seem to find on line. Will another lens such as the bolle gravity fit the frame?Are different lenses interchangeable?
ski holidays
diarmuidlynch wrote:
I have a pair of bolle modulator, and need to replace the lens bit cannot seem to find on line. Will another lens such as the bolle gravity fit the frame?Are different lenses interchangeable?

The modulator is a lens type/finish rather than frame I think. So you can have a Nova modulator or a Gravity modulator but they are different shape lenses. A Nova lens won't fit a Gravity frame and vice versa. It'll probably be just as cheap to buy new goggles though, the cost of a new lens is silly.
latest report
I bought some Gravity Modulator Light Control for my daughter, as they were reduced to £40 at Shade Station (from £120), at the end of last season.

I can't comment on their performance, but they are quite small fitting, with a pronounced curve and a smallish cutout for the nose...on me, they slightly pinch my nose restricting air intake, compared with my A Frames. They have a partly Polarised, high quality NXT lens, which I would expect to be excellent.

I see they are £140 this season, if paying full price.
ski holidays
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
diarmuidlynch wrote:

The modulator is a lens type/finish rather than frame I think. So you can have a Nova modulator or a Gravity modulator but they are different shape lenses. A Nova lens won't fit a Gravity frame and vice versa. It'll probably be just as cheap to buy new goggles though, the cost of a new lens is silly.

Yes my mistake it is actually a Gravity modulator, a new lens is like 75 Swiss francs whereas a new lens is 110.
snow conditions
. . I've got a couple of pairs of Bolle Nova 2's, one in Lemon Yellow for white outs and the other in Modulator Light Control (blue mirror on the outside, pinkish hue on the inside . . .brilliant goggles, retro frames - they don't fog, are comfy and the modulators particularly work well in all conditions - I bought them for £50 from Blaze but I've seen them go as low as £35. Have also had a pair of Emperors but they're a bit too oversize for my age/liking/helmet . . .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy